The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

yeah I just came back from a bar watching the baseball game. Horrible horrible service. Took an hour for the the waitress to find us (apparently the local sports bar wasn't ready for the influx of customers but considering that the local baseball team is in the WORLD SERIES!!! I'm shocked they weren't prepared!) Then it took an hour to get our food. Then I wanted a refil on a soda that never came. Then an hour later she finally took our order. Then an hour later the food came, then it took an eternity to get her to ring a check up. So we left no tip. ugh and she was rude to begin with. err
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

If she doesn't know how to serve a table, she doesn't deserve a tip.  Sometimes it is the fault of the kitchen, but she should have at least apologized for the poor service.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Nope she acted mean. Ignored us. Hell we thought about doing a dine in dash and not paying all together (I think the people around us did that lol). But I was like I don't want a 'dine and dash' on my record. lol.

kitten

That is an excellent way to lose business for the place.  They should get rid of her as soon as possible.  And never do a "dine and dash".  It isn't worth a police record.  That would make it a very expensive meal.

P.C.

You did the right thing, Sportsdude.  Dine and dash isn't the way to make a point.  Not leaving a tip makes a VERY strong point.  

Action at the pond....action at the pond.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Yeah the place isn't very successful ever. Any restuarant thats gone in there has failed miserably. The first place that went in there was a rootbeer bottling company restuarant they made the rootbeer right there and everything but they were closed when they were caught giving alcohol to minors. Plus the food was outrageously expensive for a nieghbourhood place.

Then a sports bar took over it changed ownership a couple months ago changed name and everything. Oh well.  

kitten

Isn't it pretty!  I wonder what sort of deer that is.

P.C.

Could it be an impala?

kitten

I don't know.  It doesn't have the spiraling horns, but it could be that females dont have them.  My knowledge of African wildlife is extremely limited.

P.C.

OK....I just looked them up and they're.....are you ready for this......African Antelopes.

(there's a whole new bunch there)

kitten

Really??   Gotta see them.  Back in a minute.

P.C.

A jeep full of people just drove by....lol

kitten

That's a fair-sized herd.  Beautiful animals!  

P.C.

These are smaller and many have horns.  Gazelles or springboks?

kitten

I've no idea, but they are lovely to look at.

|