So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Welcome back SD.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

for the zombies freshly arived home i give you fresh brains :D

[img style="width: 531px; height: 531px;" src="http://www.chow.com/assets/2007/05/offal_lamb_ragu_200x200.jpg"]

Craigie Street Bistrot's ragoût of lamb, sweetbreads, tongue, and brain, with morel mushrooms, farm-fresh egg, and Jerusalem artichoke purée

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Still snowing out here in the sticks.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Welcome back SD.  Did classes get cancelled?  I heard SFU cancelled first day of classes.

I absolutely love my 2 week holidays away from work.  I've never been off for that long of a time and am so well-rested.  But, it's nice to be back to the regular grind.  

Lil Me

Apparently I was getting too cocky about having AWD and snow tires.  I got stuck today.
 Apparently I forgot about how a pile of snow affacts ground clearance.  Tried to drive through a residential back alley.
 Damn!  The front end of my car was high-centred and the left wheels were spinning.

I put Heckyl in the driver's seat, told him to stick it in reverse and step on the gas (aka "the long skinny pedal") when I said ok.

Pulled out the tow rope and got some guy in a Matrix (nice, nice people these Toyota owners...) to give me a tow back a few feet.  Got him stuck.  Pushed him back onto the road.

Went home and cancelled meetings for the rest of the evening.

And those Scouting skills came in handy.  I saw a rope and automatically tied a double figure-8.  Miracle of miracles, it actually held.

Lise

ROTFL. Good one, LM.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Apparently I was getting too cocky about having AWD and snow tires.  I got stuck today.
 Apparently I forgot about how a pile of snow affacts ground clearance.  Tried to drive through a residential back alley.
 Damn!  The front end of my car was high-centred and the left wheels were spinning.

I put Heckyl in the driver's seat, told him to stick it in reverse and step on the gas (aka "the long skinny pedal") when I said ok.

Pulled out the tow rope and got some guy in a Matrix (nice, nice people these Toyota owners...) to give me a tow back a few feet.  Got him stuck.  Pushed him back onto the road.

Went home and cancelled meetings for the rest of the evening.

And those Scouting skills came in handy.  I saw a rope and automatically tied a double figure-8.  Miracle of miracles, it actually held.

LOL! <bless> LM. I have tugged a few people now. Good on ya having a strap and or rope. Not many people have that at all!

Sorry to hear you got stuck though. I cant tell ya how many people I have seen high centred.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

lol.   I HEART my tow rope.  I have all kinds of crap in my large tickle trunk (aka ski box).
 I carry a BCAA card but usually can't be bothered to wait for them.
 My usual call is to my buddy Mike (who answers the phone with "What did you do THIS time?", but my cell phone battery was dead today ...so I was on my own.

Heckyl was pretty stoked that I actually let him drive.

Sportsdude

Hey everybody, no school wasn't cancelled, UBC is not on top of a mountain. lol
Bah I'm still adjusting to the new laptop, got a mac, the msn is funny.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Ja, I don't know why they don't cancel UBC. Freakin' insanity with all the snow. SFU and Douglas cancelled their classes yesterday. Sheesh.

I am well and truly tired of the snow.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

lol at Lil Me.  Sometimes I think that the predicaments that people get into with their vehicles are directly related to the persons character.  I can just picture Lil Me steadily approaching a little mountain of snow, saying I know I can do it, I know I can do it.

Good morning everyone.  Welcome back SD.

UBC buses were cancelled at one point there...and it used to be 'policy', that if the buses were cancelled, classes were cancelled.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I don't even think they would cancel the school with the buses down, you must have gone to a different UBC. lol
Reading their policy online, they won't close the campus unless its major before 6am, that's a really big snow fall early to stop the buses. And if it snows bad during the day they'll just inform the profs to leave, signaling school is closed, but if that's the case and the buses are down, people are stranded. lol

This came up during finals, a bunch of people were late due to the snow. The profs were like haha can't help you, UBC is still open. Even though the buses died right after finals ended.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Ok I'm truly an idiot.  I got my car stuck again.

This time, I was trying to "flatten out" the big snowbanks that are covering the drop-off lane in front of the elemetary school.  *sighs*  I was trying to perform a community service...

Guy driving a front-end loader for the city pulled me out.

Maybe I should put a lift kit on my Subaru?

Lil Me

I found a 4" lift kit on the internet.  "Rated for off-road use only".  Hmmm.  How serious is this warning?  

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
I found a 4" lift kit on the internet.  "Rated for off-road use only".  Hmmm.  How serious is this warning?  

They all say that for legal ramifications. Its not that important.

If you use a 4 inch lift kit you will have to get an inspection to legally be able to use it. Most people dont however.
According to Department of Motor Vehicles, if you raise or lower a vehicle 10cm or more, you have to have it inspected.

Im assuming that lift kit you found is a body lift and not a suspension lift?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|