So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

[a href="index.php?action=profile;u=8" title="View the profile of P.C."]P.C.[/a]                                               Administrator
                         SuperHero Member
                          1337  bless to make u a leeB

lunch is a spicy chicken sausage roll... with veggie plate consisting of celery radishes  cucumber green peppers baby carrot & dessert is Vanilla ice cream topped with the apple-pear aka Chinese pear..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

Is that a bad thing ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

nope pc being elite Leet 1337 is a good thing as for being a LeeB their is no such thing that's just me being a ... 8008...a BooB  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lise

Ah, she deserves her blesses, Orik.

Phew! Am I glad to see the color of the roads again. Snow, snow, go away! Horrible walking to UBC. The side streets weren't cleaned at all. I'm surprised that a university this big and successful would ignore the side streets where you could potentially fall and slip.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Thanks Lise

Yes it is good to see the roads again.  We finally got a plough in our neighbourhood YESTERDAY !  The highways have been good for a few days, but getting to them has been a challenge according to hubby.  So today I venture out for the first time in 2009.  Getting a little cabin fever here.  

Orik

[span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"] i went out today to my butcher [/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 lb unsalted butter 4.95 [/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]3 lbs chicken thighs 10.00  [/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]2 lbs breakfast sausage 6.20 [/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"] 1 dozen eggs 3.50[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]veggie market  [/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]3 lbs gold nugget potatoes  2.00[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 lb garlic 1.00[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]3 lbs onions 1.89[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]3 lbs tomatoes 7.50[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 lb cucumber 3.00[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 lb celery 3.00[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 lb jalapenos 3.00[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]2 lbs green peppers 3.00[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 lb red pepper 2.00[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]3 lbs apples 4.00[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]oranges 5.00[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]pineapple 5.00[/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"] the corner store for a super 7 ticket a 649 bc 49  and some [/span][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]TOSTITO chips
total 15.00

and now for supper 1 serving salsa and half a bag of tostitos okay i am pigging out tonight

[/span]
(for the superbowl or grey cup or stanley cup crowds multiply ingredients X4 or X8  )

recipe below will make 2 to 3 servings
depending on the size of the persons eating...
[br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 can corn [/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 red pepper [/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 green pepper [/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]2 tomatoes [/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 small or medium onions [/span][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 small piece of garlic[/span]
[br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]1 jalapeno no seeds for mild [/span]
[br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]2 Jalapeno's no seeds for medium salsa.[/span] < which is what i make :D
[br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]3 seeded jalapenos for spicy salsa[/span] < for those who like it hot
[br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]4 seeded jalapenos for death by hot salsa < for those who like liquid fire in their shorts..
[/span]

Lil Me

Hi Everyone!

lol at "liquid fire in their shorts".  Good description Orik.  I've spent many mornings singing a Johnny Cash song after a spicy meal the night before....

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

You have to put the toilet paper in the freezer the night before.

So....I actually bought a little jar of marmite today.  Curiosity got the better of me.  Then it dawned on me, that it's the same stuff I used to use to 'beef up' gravy and stews.  But I did try it on a piece of bread (as recommended ?).  It was super yummy....but super super super salty.  So, what is the difference between that and Vegimite ? (aside from being twice the price)

Orik

lmao blessings to you pc for the toilet papper in the frezzer making me laugh and blessings to oyu lil me for making me laugh at u singings johny cashs song on the potty a burning ring of fire

i have no idea on marmite or Vegemite pc i have had neither of them.. i prefer a hazelnut and marshmallow or a chocolate spread with marshmallow for a sinfully delicious treat...

now i have to look up a good chicken salad recipe..

Orik

going with a very simple one

[ul][li]                                     1/2 cup mayonnaise[/li][li]                                     1 tablespoon lemon juice[/li][li]                                     1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper[/li][li]                                     2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat[/li][li]                                     1/4 cup green onions
[/li][li]1/4 cup green pepper
[/li][li]                                     1 stalk celery, chopped[/li][/ul]simple easy and served with lettuce and tomatoes on toasted sourdough

It was originally a 1/2 a cup of almonds but almonds in a chicken salad... no thanks i prefer onion or shallots or green pepper and green onions

van_guy

Did a really nice hot pot yesterday

the yummiest mushrooms ever
they provided raw eggs - you were to break them and cook in the ladle
and fish and beef and heart and veggies and ....

pretty tasty

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

Lil Me wrote:
The one I saw was a combination of body/suspension.  But...really...I should probably stick to the road and I'll be just fine.  lol

Probably a wise idea - I'll give you some 4X4 lessons next winter if we get another dump of snow.

First lesson - in most cases the tires have to be touching the ground for you to keep moving.

I'm very proud of you for getting un-stuck.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

hey pc nice to see you are elite aka leet 1337  bless to make u a leeB  

Could you be suggesting that I got my blesses by bagging the bacon on wings.  I just want to say, that I earned my blesses the old fashioned way....by being as nice as pork pot pie.  

(well, I did get a few from being an excellent pig slayer as well.    I find it hard to turn down a pig slaying challenge....but I'm over it now.)

purelife

Good afternoon everyone!  Michel is back this weekend, right?  I miss him. :(

We've been cleaning up and finally organized my cupboards.  I had stuff that was taking too much space.  Now I have more space for more stuff!  :D

Lise

OMG. I know the feeling. I could always use space in the house just to store more crap.

It's bloody snowing outside!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|