So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Y'know.... I'm not sure. I think bulgogi is a type of dish (usually beef) that's not cooked so it just sit there in its marinade sauce so you just cook the sucker on the grill.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

another name for sukiyaki?

Lil Me

I don't cook bulgogi authentically.
 I marinade thin beef in bulgogi sauce (from a jar) and then stirfry it with vegetables.  That's the way my Korean friends cook it- it's easy.

Bulgogi sauce is totally yummy- it's a sweet soya BBQ sauce.  P.C. and Sawdust would love it- can marinade anything in it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Oh my.....You're right....it does sound like something we might like.  I have never seen this bulgogi before....but perhaps that could simply be that I have never looked for it before.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Oh, I had no idea it could be that simple. Usually I buy them marinaded (deep freeze then thawed) and put the grill out. I guess I could do what you did, LM. Sounds far easier and less messy.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

mmm food.

evening!
fog is intense out there, can't see my building from the main part of campus, and when I get to the building I can barely see the top. lol

And its snowing in St. Louis

pita place with a 'large' bag of chips and a diet coke for dinner.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

[link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/Users/User1/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"][!--[if gte mso 9]][xml]  [w:WordDocument]   [w:View]Normal[/w:View]   [w:Zoom]0[/w:Zoom]   [w:HyphenationZone]21[/w:HyphenationZone]   [w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/]  [/w:WordDocument] [/xml][![endif]--][style] [!--  /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal    (mso-style-parent:"";    margin:0in;    margin-bottom:.0001pt;    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;    :12.0pt;    font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-ansi-language:EN-CA;) a:link, span.MsoHyperlink    (color:blue;    text-decoration:underline;    text-underline:single;) a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed    (color:purple;    text-decoration:underline;    text-underline:single;) @page Section1    (size:8.5in 11.0in;    margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;    mso-header-margin:.5in;    mso-footer-margin:.5in;    mso-paper-source:0;) div.Section1    (page:Section1;) --] [/style][span style="" times="" new="" roman="" ;="" lang="EN-CA"][/span]

Russ

My mouth is watering.. and Im blaming LM and Lise.

PC.. good to hear you found the fabric you wanted and on teh island too! A trip here for it would have made it slightly more money.. I would have shipped it for ya too.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Lib/NDP coalition agreed upon. Coalition to be 30 months long 16 Lib cabinet positions, 4 NDP positions. Leader to be decided tomorrow at Liberal caucus. Stephen Harper's career is burnt toast.

And we've got a possible Watergate with this illegal tape fiasco by the Conservative party.

Russ

Tape is not illegal. A tory was invited (by mistake?) and the tories decided to release it.

Im interested if this coalition is even legal. I think its REALLY wrong because they are bypassing the legally elected PM. Wonder whats going to happen to future elections after this.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Russ wrote:
Tape is not illegal. A tory was invited (by mistake?) and the tories decided to release it.

Im interested if this coalition is even legal. I think its REALLY wrong because they are bypassing the legally elected PM. Wonder whats going to happen to future elections after this.

Canada is not a Presidential System like the states. You don't elect Prime Ministers. This is perfectly legal under the Canadian system based of Britain within the conventions of responsible government. The Governor General will use her reserve clause and this coalition will go through as the House of Commons does not support the cabinet and they have an alternative.

This is how most European governments work. Parties work together.

Michel

Sportsdude

Stéphane Dion will lead the coalition.

afternoon. Quiet in here today.

P.C.

Tis.

How goes the battle at work Lise ?  Any progress ????
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Tofu stirfry with veg, red rice for dinner.

Food-related news:
 My sister is going to buy me a hot pot for my bday.
 My friend is going to show me how to make kimchi this weekend.  He makes a big batch once a month.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|