So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Good girl Lise !!!!  And this is a perfect place to vent....so don't you dare be sorry.

The philosophy of keeping your head down and doing the best you can is still true and good words to live by.  It doesn't mean that it is without consequence....most often generated from those who do not live by this philosophy.  It allows us the luxury of a clear conscience and pride in having a good work ethic.

GO GET 'EM !!!!

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

SD wrote:  I think UBC needs to pump a calming agent into the dentistry buildings, everybody I know in there is stressed to the max!

Just saying 'dentist' stresses me out.  

Sportsdude

omg! its epidemic! run for the hills! lol

The dentist students I know don't sleep and just drink coffee 24/7. Like I said, the world would solve their problems in a second if they all had the attitudes of the Geography department. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

The dentist students I know don't sleep and just drink coffee 24/7. Like I said, the world would solve their problems in a second if they all had the attitudes of the Geography department. lol

I guess the geography department doesn't have to worry about sticking sharp pointy instruments and power tools in people's mouths.

Sportsdude

we study rocks and gentrification. lol

Lise

P.C. wrote:

Good girl Lise !!!!  And this is a perfect place to vent....so don't you dare be sorry.

The philosophy of keeping your head down and doing the best you can is still true and good words to live by.  It doesn't mean that it is without consequence....most often generated from those who do not live by this philosophy.  It allows us the luxury of a clear conscience and pride in having a good work ethic.

GO GET 'EM !!!!

OMG. PC. Words to live by indeed. And I really adore the Homer icon. Thank you for your kind words.

You are so right about having a clear conscience and pride. I do have them. I won't be treated with disrespect. If it means that I have to go this route to prove that I am honest, then so be it.

It's great to have support here. Blesses.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Posh Restaurant on West Broadway at Burrard...so good.  All you can eat sukiyaki for about $15- cook in your own hotpot. It was a fun night out with my cousins.

Russ would be able to seriously do some damage in this place!

Anyone know wassup with the Japanese drinking salty plum in their beer?  I'd rather drink my OkeeDokee with no fruit.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Oh wow.... great to hear that you had a good time at the place, LM. Did you have to make reservations?

Dunno about salty plum in beer. Sounds like a deadly combination to me.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

We did have a reservation (there were 18 of us), but I understand that they normally won't take large parties.
 The restaurant is beautiful (clean!) and more set-up for smaller groups.
 But a reservation is probably a good idea.  The place is busy.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Morning. Another one of those 'just got home' nights. I think that's 3 of those + 5 'getting home at 3ish' nights in a month. lol

Lil Me

Afternoon.  Church followed by about 5 hours of sorting bottles at Scouts Bottle Drive.  Probably made about $1700!

Jeckyl has requested bulgogi tonight, so going for groceries in a few.

P.C.

Hi Lil Me....5 hours of doing something you LIKE is almost too much....lol

Bulgogi  ?

P.C.

Hubby's company Christmas party last night.  Was lots of fun.  Dinner was a buffet manned by the Soup Natzis.  You had to practically beg for a second piece of potato and go back up for seconds if you wanted a piece of turkey bigger than a tablespoon.  Other than that....dinner was ok.  Stayed in a hotel there, so we could have a few cocktails at the party.  

Lise

Well, 5 hours of doing absolutely NOTHING is my idea of fun.

Begging for a second scrap of turkey at a Christmas luncheon? How rude!! (EDIT: I mean how rude of the server to make you feel like you have to beg not the other way round. LOL -- oh how embarrassing....)

Bulgogi is a type of Korean dish where you cook the food on the table using a hot grill. It's really delicious and absolutely easy to make. The only drawback is the smell and smoke.

Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Does bulgogi describe a way of cooking....or a specific food ?

|