So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

P.C.

Funny how they are unable to connect the dots when they owe YOU money.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Michel

P.C.

They'll find you in Tunisia if you owe them a nickel.

I double paid my property taxes about 15 years ago.  I attempted to get it back for a year or two, but the bureaucracy made me mental, so I gave up.  Their first story was that their office burnt down......check back in a month.

Michel

P.C.

A stupid question : Will it be hard to get a place on a ferry to the island this week end ? and if so, what would be the best strategy without reservation to get there as quick as possible, same question for the return. Is there a ferry up north (way up north) less used?  

Is it a long weekend coming up ?  If so, your only hope is to get there early.  Or you could do the Sunshine Coast route.  Langdale ferry.....drive up to Powell River and cross to Comox.  Beautiful drive worth the time in my opinion.  Not exactly the speediest route....lol  

Michel

P.C.

Hmmm....I can't remember how long the drive up is Michel.  The Langdale ferry crossing is only 40 minutes.....other than that, I'm not sure.

P.C.

Powell River has one of the mildest climate in all of Canada. The sun shines 1400 - 1900 hours each year on average. It's only 80 (ish) miles from Vancouver.....so the drive can't be that long.

Remember.....you only pay one way on those ferries.

Michel

P.C.

I love the Sunshine Coast......I wouldn't even mind living there.  It's been a while since I've been, although I used to go often.  Must get back there one of these days.

Anyways....back to work for me.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
The Commodore is a great place to go SD.  Who are you hoping to see there ?
This hilarious Brazilian band that does extremely dance type rock music. If you've seen the iPod commercial with the "Music is my hot hot sex" that's them.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

I've been to Telegraph Cove, didn't think it was that great, although I was there it was closed. It just seemed bizarre to me anyway.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sawdust

Michel Wrote

Very interesting, I was planning to drive that road eventually, it might this time, as I checked everywhere I want to go I read I have to expect heavy traffic.

With Whistler blocked from easy access,I would expect extra heavy traffic this weekend coming to the Island. A one way fare to Horseshoe Bay to Powell River to Comox is $100. You can get a Circle Pac ticket that covers this and a return via Nanaimo or Victoria for $133 or you can just go Nanaimo & back for $112
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

|