The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

weird al

P.C.

Alright....it would appear that I have become a lousy 'cyber' hostess.  (I assure I do well in real life).

The Ebony Lounge is ALWAYS open....sometimes I simply don't 'meet and greet' like I should.  It's an 'open' lounge in every other sense.  Between work and birthdays this last week, I have been preoccupied.  I had 3  friends with birthdays' this week, and a 4th  this Saturday.   SO...how is everybody doing??????        
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Entering at 1.25 a.m. - anyone still there?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Yipes.....we were burried deep on page 2.....a testament to my lousy 'hostessing'.  (darn work interference')  

How's it going sportsdude???  May I get you anything????

Sportsdude

Oh I'm doing fine. Could be much better.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

How's 'our' little Tigger doing.....better I hope.  

Have you given much thought to your essay?  Wondering if you're coming up with any fantastic ideas.

Sportsdude

Tigger's wounds opened up again for the 3rd time. Now he's been lasered stitched or whatever that means. He's been regular stitched twice and stapled once.  Now he's got a cone on his head.

The essay. I've been avoiding it. Partly because I don't think I can do it and second I don't think I can make a good one. Sad and pathetic I know.

P.C.

Yes YOU CAN, sportsdude.  Get yourself out of that mindset...... get yourself a good dictionary....a good thesaurus.......and a good focus on your target.  Don't you pass this up, hun.....YOU CAN DO IT.  don't be afraid to ask for help.  The IDEAS have to be yours, but asking for direction on how to put it on paper isn't cheating....I like to think of it as 'resourceful'.  Whatever gets you pointed in the direction you want to go is worth the effort.  Stop selling yourself short !!!!!!!

Sportsdude

I'm too much of a procrastonator

P.C.

Well, there's a LITTLE time to indulge yourself in procrastination.....but that can't stand in the way of going after what you want.  I think you have some strong goals, sportsdude......and whether they're attainable or not shouldn't give you reason to at the very least, give it a hardy try.  Again, I have to say....don't be afraid to ask for help.  Jot down some ideas....you've got the luxury of time to look at them every couple of days and decide if you wrote what you were REALLY trying to say.....work on it......fix it, change it, work on it.  

Sportsdude

You are right but I've dug too big of a hole this time and its dark down here.

P.C.

Never....if you can dig yourself IN....you can dig yourself OUT.   If you were unaware that you've dug yourself into a hole, I might agree that you might have a hard way finding yourself out.  But if you KNOW you've dug a hole....you CAN backtrack and dig yourself out.  Don't make it more difficult than it is......that's just little mind games people play with themselves.  Usually it's people without goals and ambition.....that's NOT YOU.

Sportsdude

Maybe its just me being tired before I go off to work.

P.C.

I HOPE that's all it is sportsdude.  Don't stress yourself out over it, but please DO give it some thought.

Must sleep......eyes aren't focusing.  Take care sportsdude.....and have a good day tomorrow !!!!

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d038.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

I'll try. Talk to yeah later.

|