The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I try to be at least.  In a couple weeks I'm going to hand out christmas trees to deaf/disabled/cancer recoving/blind/mentally handicapped kids. Should be fun.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

That's really nice!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

I do what I can, I do because I care.

hey thats a good slogan for a social program. *writes that down*

Yeah I'm a social activist.  Its something thats come naturally to me its something that was instilled in me by my parents.  Big supporters of social justice and its causes.  A lot of that comes from my dad and his parents (the hungarian immigrants) my mom picked up the cause in college but she was meant to go down that path as well, only girl in her class to go to college. Her Grandpa said women belong on the farm.  She had to break that, a trail blazer.

Mom wants me to get into something she brought up the ACLU but the ACLU is a bad name in a lot of circles around this country.  So I rather use my talents and ideas in a country thats friendly to social activists.  Hence Canada.
Democrats flirt with social justice every once in a while but they can't fully go to the left or they'll be labeled 'liberal' 'communist' and so on.  If you care about the poor in this country, some kind of universal health care because we are spending too much on the system we have now and we STILL don't have it as good as other countries (granted a universal system has its problems but down here its pathetically bad), social security, and the environment you're labeled the dreaded 'liberal'.  Just look at the Christian Coalition President. He was sacked because the board didn't agree with his lets help the poor and clean the environment issues.

Sportsdude

Window is completely iced over now.  

kitten

Hope you shut it.  You said you had it open earlier.

Sportsdude

yeah I did earlier this morning then its been closed all day. Going to do another check of the ice see how much has come down now. Can't see the outline of the steps anymore so its got to be more the 3cms like last time. The field is completely white so I'm guess 6cms? thats 2 inches I think.  

Sportsdude

6cms of thick ice really thick and hard.  

kitten

I believe 2 1/2 cms. equal 1 inch, so you are a bit over two inches.

Sportsdude

yeah the ice total is around there most likely.
Metric so easy to understand but the foot and mile system is sexy I guess. 203 cms just doesn't have the same power as 6'8ft.

Sportsdude

Window screen is completely frozen now looks like hard clear plastic that you can't see through.  I can't see anything now.  

kitten

If you go out be careful.  One bad fall can really ruin a day.

Sportsdude

Not going anywhere don't have to work until Saturday night. phew.    

Sportsdude

Its thundering. lol that must mean freezing rain.  

P.C.

Sounds like a real mish-mash of weather you got going on there, Sportsdude.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Here's something weird.  We just brought in another flat of bottled water.  24 to a flat.  TWO were frozen.  One on the outside row, and one that was smack center.  How can this be ????
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|