The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Of course it didn't snow or ice over here.  Weather people again were wrong. It didn't even get below freezing.  
Second look there's a little ice on the trees but its so little you can't recognise it.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Thats not a bad idea PC, making a tree. We thought about it a while ago but never got over the fact of not having a real tree in the living room with all the bugs and needles and pitch everywhere. The joys of xmas. My dad always tells the story of bringing home a tree with a squirrel still in it, but since he likes to make things more than what they are we dont know if its true. Storys still good though.

I dont know if its new or not, it was my dad that told my brother and I years ago about a permit, Ill ask him when I see him next.

Thanks for the thankyou PC, I was a bit put off but thought it was probably because they were cold and nervous about getting home in the snow.

I still havent made it out to the garage lol. I really should go get the fasteners I need then get back to it. Maybe.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

lol every school in the area closed in preparation of the 'big storm'.  Last time this happend it didn't even snow.
Ever had one of those storms? Where the weather people say a blizzard is coming and everyone stops what they are doing all the schools are closed days in advance and when the day comes nothing happens? lol

P.C.

I've just spent the last 20 minutes looking for a pic, and not only did I not find it, there's a ton of stuff missing.....hmmmm.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Yeahhhh, I found it.  This is the same room as the Ebony Lounge is NOW, and this is my homemade Christmas tree.....lol

[A onclick="return fitsInWindow();" href="http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref="][img id=thepic title="Click to visit ImageShack for Image Hosting!" onclick=scaleImg() alt=img299/1604/dec51hq8.jpg src="http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1604/dec51hq8.jpg"][/A][A onclick="return fitsInWindow();" href="http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref="][img id=thepic title="Click to visit ImageShack for Image Hosting!" onclick=scaleImg() alt=img457/7262/dec57sn6.jpg src="http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/7262/dec57sn6.jpg"][/A]  

kitten

What a beautiful job you did, P.C.!!  That looks lovely.  I'm SOOO glad the snow has stopped.  It's been a nightmare getting to work and back.  I tried to get my passenger door open yesterday but when I did the lock broke and I couldn't shut it.  So now I've found another use for duct tape.  It looks awful, but it is keeping the door closed.  Every garage I phoned said they were too busy to look at it now, but I think it will have to be replaced, not just fixed.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

HEYYYY, Kitten!!!

That's just great! no lock on your door now???  Good Lord.  You're not having very good luck these days Kitten.  We're going to have to work on your karma.

I just heard a few big thumps on the roof, so I guess it's warming up a little. *cry*

I feel a little bit bad for liking it so much, when I know that it's causing so much grief for everyone......*just a little bit* [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a010.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

Wow P.C. a decorating magazine needs to call you. Your room is Magazine material. WOW  

P.C.

lol, Sportsdude.  That room no longer exists.  The dreaded TV now sits in that corner and the terra cotta walls are now black.

Sportsdude

oops I forgot, still one awesome room you've got there.    

P.C.

Thanks Sportsdude.....It was a good room, but totally underused for the last few years.  It's the biggest room in the house, and it was basically shut off....door closed to it all the time.  It was a formal dining room, and frankly, I can count on one hand how many times a year we 'dine'.  Now we LIVE in this room.

Sportsdude

Yeah I know the feeling.  For the first time in my life I've had a house we never had to do anything to it. (the new house) the old house had a fire back in '88 and we never got around to painting the bathroom still.  Sad.  Still think you've got a really cool house, awesome back yard.  Here its boring ville.  But if I ever took a picture of my house you'd think I was rich or something. lol. I'm not, but when the nieghbour next door the first day in asks if we'd like to hire there maid, we did a double take.  Somebody cleaning our house is something we could never ever allow.  I feel burgoisish in my house rather like in the walk in closet that I was living in for 18 years until now.

Plus I remember you saying that your house was A frame? Those houses are AWESOME!!

Russ

Nice tree PC! Your organizational and decorational skills are incredible. That room looked awesome.

You should see mine; Russ Brain: hmm, this fits in here like a jigsaw puzzle, Ill make it fit. Russ gf: that doesnt colour match, I dont think we can use it. Russ Brain: Great! Its in! Functional!

I wont be getting out for a tree till the weekend now looks like.

Dreaded TV, lol, I still missed it in the pictures!    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

lol We've got two trees. A 'ghetto' one that's basically a stick that we've been using as a tree for years.  And this new one thats taller then me (finally they had to find a fake tree that was taller then me but not so tall it couldn't fit in the room lol).

When I was little we used to buy real trees and then plant them in the backyard. We did that 5 times and then we just got real busy (me and my sis grew up) and we never did it again.  I was always cool to see the christmas trees in the back yard grow in front of your eyes.  lol don't know how my mom did it.  We had the real tree in the family room and the fake one in the living room. ah the fond memories.  This year we're back to decorating. We haven't decorated in ages.  Feel like a family again.

P.C.

Hey Russ, comfort comes in all shapes, sizes and colours.  There isn't a right way to decorate a room.....except for it to be comfortable for those who are using it.

|