The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Weather guy said 6-10 inches of snow but mainly 3 to 6 where I live but add the 3 inches of ice already thats 9inches of white stuff.  70,000 people are without power already. Don't know if I'm going to lose power or not.

We are getting so much ice because the system has stalled and is bring up warmer air so we should be getting snow where are getting sleet and freezing rain. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Maybe the frozen bottle in the center moved in because it wanted to get warm, P.C.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Yeaa....that's what I thought. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a070.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Let Tigger outside. Why I don't know ADD moment well he runs off and runs under the house not wanting to come out. ugh! So I just left him outside for his 'alone time' and sure enough not a minute later he comes to the door.  Now why did he not do this for the 10 minutes I was telling him to come out from under the house? ugh, cats.  Hit Ozzie with an ice ball lol, its raining really hard now.  

Sportsdude

lights have been flicking on and off now for about 10 minutes hmm wonder if I should set an alarm on my cell phone just in case power goes out.  

Sportsdude

Wow it sure did snow last night.  

kitten

Welcome to winter!

Sportsdude

Yeah no kidding. Loving it as usual, I'm so bizarre, I hate the summer but love fridged cold temperatures and ice and snow and rain.  Should fit right in, in the Pacific Northwest. If I was an animal I'd be a duck or a wolf.  I've got both personalities.

Tigger must love the cold he hasn't come to the door in 4 hours.  He thought about coming out from under the house but kids were playing a couple houses down so he went back under.

(my grandma's room has a gas fireplace. Its equipment sticks out creating an over hang.  There's a hole in the bottom that leads under her room and into this huge crawl space.  Thats where he is.)  Grandma's room was an add on hence the hole.

3 inches of thick ice plus 5 inches of snow did a number on my back. I'll hack at it later. again.

kitten

It's probably nice and toasty under the house.  Smart cat.  

Sportsdude

I dunno its not freezing cold but its not warm I'd say its about 40F-ish under there. He seemed to be sleeping away so I'm not worried. Funny cat.  Ozzie wants no part in the snow. But then again Tigger is a domesticated farm/barn cat so it probably makes him feel like he's down on the farm again.  

kitten

As long as it is reasonably comfortable down there he should be okay.  I think it would be better if he was inside, but it looks like he made the choice for himself.  Be sure to check on him occasionally.  He'll have to come out to eat and drink.

Sportsdude

Yeah I know he's just stubborn. He doesn't come usually when you call his name, etc. I can talk to him through the crawl space to get his attention.  

kitten

Do you keep any special cat treats on hand?  They will often work wonders in getting a cat to pay attention.  Even a piece of chicken might work, if he likes it.

Sportsdude

Haven't thought of that idea. He's a cat treat person. He doesn't understand or like human food. Funny thing is when I took him outside he was in the middle of chowing down cat food. lol Big guy, weighs 12lbs now.  

kitten

Little guy compared to Kaycee at 15 lbs.

|