The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

yeah I fall into burning bridges, then burning the water then burning the ground under it. lol I shouldn't do that anymore but then I usually come back later on and apologize/mend fences.

More of me just growing up mainly. The farm will always be in me its where I spent my summers and winters. Its just me growing up. Look back, remember the riding my bikes to the leeves, climbing the bin towers, hiking in the woods, fishing, farming, and so on. A piece of me will always be there even if I'm not welcomed or not and I think my relatives know that as well.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Drat....having the 'big white page' issue again.  Minutes between pages.....arrrrggggg.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

You're back from your camping trip, Russ.  How was it???  (I can't imagine camping in November...lol)

purelife

Ah, yes, RUSS!  How was camping up at Harrison?   Did you guys camp outside or in some cabin?  

Sportsdude

oh yes please tell us aboot your camping trip in all that rain. trooper. Camped once when I was a kid for boy scouts in a blizzard. lol that was fun. Camping rules. Can't wait to do more of it when I get to Seattle. Camping out in the corn fields just doesn't do it for me anymore. I want mountains, damn it! Mountains!  

P.C.

I think Russ isn't speaking to us.  He probably got a bad cold from camping in the rain and he lost his voice.

Sportsdude

lol swept away by a mud slide.
Anybody have first eye account of storm damage. flooding and such?

P.C.

Sportsdude

P.C.

No floods where I am.  Goodly share of rain the last couple days though.

Sportsdude

yeah I know saw it on the news they had to close Mt. Rainier for example. The system it suppose to bring us snow here by wednesday.  

P.C.

Yipes !  I've been watching the snow get a little lower on the mountains here the last few days. In spite of the rain, it's been unusually warm for November.

Sportsdude

yeah they say its going to snow but I highly doubt it. If it did snow it will be gone in about 3 days because temps here never stay the same one day for example it could be 0 C and two days later its in the mid 30's C. lol hate it.  

kingy

there is snow up in the local mountains. i think whistler is scheduled to open this week, or next.  

Russ

Hey! I dont normally look at this thread so I wasnt ignoring all of you, sorry. I also didnt get home till like 630pm, after unpacking and showering i dont think i got on till after 8pm.  I slept in a tent (not big enough of a tent), a few of my firends slept in the back of their 4runners. The air mattress kept touching the sides due to, uh, movements, and once you touch the side of a tent when its wet from raining, you break the barrier and whatever touches it will get wet for as long as it continues to touch it.

I was almost white out conditions in and just after whistler, we slowed down to 10 km/hr and could just make out the vehicle 3 metres in front. Once past the hump into the lower regions of the valley into pemberton there was no snow, just lots of rain. Once past pemberton off the road into the Forrest Service Roads about ten km in it was snowing/raining.

the cooking was actually good, I did most of it like I normally do cause I like cooking, but on the second night Ha my buddies g/f did a stir fry pasta (well I cooked it but she directed me). We also did the turkey in a garbage can. All the people camping near us came over wondering why a metal garbage can was smoldering for hours. lol.

I have discovered that those Lock & Lock containers with the four latches and rubber o-ring to seal it are 100% better than regular rubbermaid containers. I bought them at wallyworld, and Im going back there tomorrow night.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Does the Washington Monument weigh more or less than 5 hamsters?:
What's the opposite of "left"?:
Are peaches and avocados the same thing?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview