What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Itsy Bitsy

I think it is messed up that so many people are not organ donors. Most of their reasons are just ridiculous. They'll say they don't know how, they haven't gotten around to it, they are not super young and healthy so their organs are no good, they want to be fully intact when they are chucked into a casket for years of rotting... argh!

I am a registered organ donor, but I'd like to donate everything... blood, organs, skin, eyes, hair, etc. Anything that can be used, they should use it... just cremate me after. I think they let the family decide about hair and eyes and other external things, so my family better be listening to me when I tell them I want to donate everything and be cremated.

Orik

D. They Don't know if it is gone or just waiting on the side lines to jump me when I least expect it =( I had a second  attack in June a few months after the first attack, they thought I was on  the mend, all signs had pointed that way at any rate. The next thing I  knew, I was back in the hospital and sicker than the first time.

The  damage at this point in time to my liver was severe. They did a second  liver biopsy and found the internal damage was almost 75 percent more  cirrhosis fibrosis (thats just a fancy way of saying scar tissue) than  the previous biopsy. To this day they do not know what caused the first attack of  hepatitis.

The etiology or is it entomology, anyways, whatever they want to call it. Is from a unknown cause the first time nor do  they know what caused it the second time. I have tested  negative for all the Common & uncommon forms of hepatitis. Whatever it was, well it  might be gone or it might come back again.

They just don't have any  real answers for me, at least none that they can give me, with what is known in modern science today. That does not mean they might not find a answer tomorrow... What I do know is this. Autoimmune hepatitis is the most serious and  complex as there is no  definitive reason for why the immune system attacks the liver.

What else I do know is that the Necrosis (death) of my liver cells  brought on by the inflammation and fibrosis may lead to  liver failure. Well that has happened to me twice. I defied the odds and by  Gods grace I survived. In most cases Death within 5 years of onset  occurs in 40 to 50% of  patients. That is the outlook of my life...

I have survived since October 2007 (possibly the first time liver  failure began) If things go the way in the text books I may be one of  the 50 to 60 % to survive for a long time. Or I could be unfortunate  & have liver failure brought on by another bout of of a autoimmune  form of hepatitis and end up dead a few days after it starts.

Now you know as much as I do.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

Gopher wrote:
 A battered sausage[/DIV]
 [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/10.gif"]

Orik

Toad in the hole or was it a A pigs whistle...

a pigs whistle is a sausage that is coated in a beer batter and deep fried  this dish is some times served on a stick natasha.. and very delicious...

Toad in the hole is a sausage that is cooked in breading batter such as Yorkshire pudding...

then there is the corn dog style sausage not as good as a pigs whistle though...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

A bowl, A spatula, a wooden spoon and a telephone for the hard of hearing, with the light that flashes when some one calls you 3 ringer volumes and 3 receiver volumes.  

Natasha

Orik

15 inch IBM think-vision monitor I tossed the old 19 inch CRT Samsung 950T  into the trade I like this smaller monitor much better. Sure it might not have near as much landscape but I got a ton more desk space which means more room for my junk and the speakers again..  

Natasha

More junk will just make it look more crowded again.

bought last -  a pickle

Orik

Lol what I mean is I can actually clean the desk top off of the junk thats there and put both monitors on the same desk top get some zap straps and start a little cable management. I see some good potential for this computer room now that I have 2 LCD monitors instead of them bloody large weigh a ton CRT ones.  

Natasha

Orik wrote:
Lol what I mean is I can actually clean the desk top off of the junk thats there

OH ok  =)

and put both monitors on the same desk top get some zap straps and start a little cable management. I see some good potential for this computer room now that I have 2 LCD monitors instead of them bloody large weigh a ton CRT ones.  

I have no idea what you just said right there.

lol

Lil Frog

For more information On Landscape and monitors see [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landscape_monitor"]this WIKI p[/a]age... Let's just say I have more desk space with the LCD flat screen monitor. Than the big old bulky CRT monitor Do you remember those big glass ones Tasha ? A CRT monitor takes up almost 3 x the desk space of a LCD  

Russ

Ordered a keg of beer for my kegerator at home.
Two week lead time..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

DDD

Russ wrote:
Ordered a keg of beer for my kegerator at home.
Two week lead time..
     you callled
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

Lil Frog wrote:
For more information On Landscape and monitors see [A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landscape_monitor"]this WIKI p[/A]age... Let's just say I have more desk space with the LCD flat screen monitor. Than the big old bulky CRT monitor Do you remember those big glass ones Tasha ? A CRT monitor takes up almost 3 x the desk space of a LCD  

Again I have no clue what you just said right there ..lol. I do remember the bigger monitors. Funny how at the time, it was the best thing ever. With all the advancements we have now, it seems embarrassing to even admit you had one.
Oh.. thanks for the link  :)

|