The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

According to Wiki...

Tony Robert Judt FBA (2 January 1948 – 6 August 2010) was a British historian, author and university professor.[2] He specialized in European history and was the Erich Maria Remarque Professor in European Studies at New York University and Director of NYU's Erich Maria Remarque Institute. He was a frequent contributor to the New York Review of Books. In 1996 he was elected a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and in 2007 a corresponding Fellow of the British Academy.

Starting as an impassioned left wing Zionist, he dropped his faith in Marxism early on and became, in his words, "a universalist social democrat." After a period of admiration for the collectivism of Israeli kibbutzim, he would become critical of Israel policy and its lack of tolerance.[3] He displayed a profound suspicion of left wing ideologies, of identity politics, and of the American role as the world's sole superpower.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

And the parental unit's talked to the little Snot... So it seems my brother has been busy with something and not returning his calls. So he's fine & not missing at all. My Parents didn't say what he was busy with but I will lay 10 to 1 odds it has something to do with a girl..

So thats great news and a ton off my mind.. I am now no longer stressed or worried..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

According to Wiki...

Tony Robert Judt FBA (2 January 1948 – 6 August 2010) was a British historian, author and university professor.[2] He specialized in European history and was the Erich Maria Remarque Professor in European Studies at New York University and Director of NYU's Erich Maria Remarque Institute. He was a frequent contributor to the New York Review of Books. In 1996 he was elected a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and in 2007 a corresponding Fellow of the British Academy.

Starting as an impassioned left wing Zionist, he dropped his faith in Marxism early on and became, in his words, "a universalist social democrat." After a period of admiration for the collectivism of Israeli kibbutzim, he would become critical of Israel policy and its lack of tolerance.[3] He displayed a profound suspicion of left wing ideologies, of identity politics, and of the American role as the world's sole superpower.

Well of course.

*thanks Orik  
I thought it was another dime a dozen actor that I'd never heard of.  But a British historian, how could I forget.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
Aw, sorry to hear about your Oma SD.  I know you thought the world of her.  

Thank you for your condolences about my grandmother PC. While it is odd not having her around to call -- this is ultimately what she wanted (well the 'script' anyway).

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Natasha

"I have nothing Interesting to Say"

At the moment, no words have ever been more true.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

DDD

I have lots to say but choise not to
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

Not even to me?    :(

I have lots to say sometimes but don't feel like typing it all. That can be difficult for my hands. I prefer to use my mouth... lol (that wasn't meant in a sexual manner)

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

DDD

Natasha wrote:
 Not even to me?    :(

I have lots to say sometimes but don't feel like typing it all. That can be difficult for my hands. I prefer to use my mouth... lol (that wasn't meant in a sexual manner)[/DIV]
 lets see ....... yummy
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

Gopher wrote:

Looks like he can mouth a big one too.

Orik

Well... What do I say, where to begin.. Okay, the hospital food was not to  bad today, slightly over salted gravy on the chicken, Mashed tatters were a bit lumpy and cold (mind they have been worse)  the tea was hot. the Dessert was Banana Bread  cake it was sweet and pretty good after removing that overly sweet pure sugar icing.. The 2 % milk was Cold & the Squash was hot..

all in all a 2 stars out of 5 on the food scale.. Not the best but also not the worst dinners I have ever eaten in a hospital.. It could of been worse they might not have even offered a dinner to me.. and it would of been hours before i got a bite to eat..

. The ER staff was courteous and polite.. Not to mention some  were very cute and then there was that Japaneses blond girl. Wow, talk  about gorgeous, the blond highlights to her dark hair where an excellent  contrast  to her dark hair and uniform,

She really stood out  because of her stunning looks . A nice bit of eye candy, raising mens  blood pressure all over the place.. and probably some other things.. She  was the best looking nurse there today, but thats just my opinion.

A  big thank you to my lady nurse, the one in  the Elvis Prestly sweater..  Lady You rocked.. a excellent nurse and a Elvis fan.. Talk about making  the few hours I stayed in the ER much more enjoyable than they ever  have been.

The New ER room @ S.P.H is pretty decent.. The last  Time I was through it, I was to sick to see or enjoy anypart of it, but  today I was capable of remembering it and the booking time through was  fast... No long wait to see a doctor or to check in.

I was  booked in and Into a hospital ER bed with in 90 seconds of being  transported through the ER, A nurse was checking on me with in 3 minutes  & a doctor checking me over with in 9 minutes, With in 15 minutes  they were taking Blood for tests ( probably Gas levels and ammonia  levels ) and they were doing Chest / Lung Xrays within 30 minutes..

I must Give thanks to God. The Fire-department, The Paramedics & all the Hospital staff in the ER Today...

Early this afternoon, I suffered an Asthma Attack, while I was cleaning  the house, I had lifted a side panel from the wall and got a face full  of dust and some gas or chemicals or carbon dioxide... Whatever the hell  it all was, I hopped in the shower to wash it all off,

But to  late the damage was already done, it had got into my airway and probably  in to my lungs. Within a couple of minutes I was in full respiratory  distress. Flemmy lungs and a closing airway unable to catch my breath  wheezing away. I Immediately used my puffers which are the Atrovent  & Ventolin.. I set also set myself onto the CPAP machine.

No  good,  I was still not able to breath even with my assisted breathing  apparatus on me.  I was to flemmy and the breaths were to fast &to  shallow.. Being unable to slow my breathing, or catch a full lung of  air. I knocked the phone off the cradle when I reached for it and I hit  the speed dial which is a button prepped to dial 911 on all 4 of the  phones around my house.

The Fire-department responded first, I  was  greying out so I stumbled semi conscious in to the hall way when  they arrived apparently I was barely breathing... They hit me with  Oxygen and assisted breathing Plus they used the nebulizer.. (nebulizers  smell a bit like chocolate chip cookies) According the them I think the  guy said my oxygen level was 64... I got the oxygen treatment till the  paramedic's arrived, which was probably only a couple of minutes..

BC  Ambulance Supervisor Van Advanced Life Support unit and another  Paramedics van type unknown I didn't get to see the type it was.. not to  mention the Fire-department.. Well I came with in just a few short  breaths from dieing.. But I didn't die .. What is it they say close only  counts in horseshoes & hand-grenades ?

once my oxygen levls  where stabalized at 95 they took me to the hospital.. where i recived 2  more nebulizer treatments on the way. oxygen for a few hours and they  monitored my blood pressure and blood oxygen levels did some chest x  rays.. and blood gas level tests and a number of hours later I am at  home typing this.. just another lucky break from the powers that be..

I  am thankful I hit 911 right away, I think EMS arrived just after I got  to the hallway and greyed out.. I don't remember locking my door, nor do  I remember hitting the floor. I do remember coming to on the floor my  breathing was being assisted by the guys from the local fire-department.  The oxygen mask was strapped to me along with that green bag the air  whistling through it...

I think a big THANKS  has to go to the  crew who saved my life today, BC Ambulance services & The Local Fire  EMS Crews Or Services. Also A big gigantic THANK YOU to Terry on the  gates, who let them all in to the building

For now I am gonna  take another cold shower 1 to was off the Gel from the monitoring  stickers they had on me.. and 2 to cool off it is still to hot.. Then it  is going to be time to plug my self in to my cpap machine and call it a  night.. Basically another boring day, with a little bit of adrenalin  & a few moments, filled with fear...

I may be unlucky with  games of chance but i seem to be lucky at life... thanks be to God..The  adrenalin was pumping &n the heart was racing.. Please forgive all  the typos, I am just to tired to proof read and correct them all. Hope  you all understand. Now I am plum done in & all tuckered out..

G'night.all.

Natasha

Orik

Big Hugs To Purelife who stopped by on the lunch thread... I just wanted to say hi... I am well. I can not speak for everyone else.. I think most of us here are ok...

Natasha

Just out of curiousity, Orik, why are you replying to her one post in two threads?

|