So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Yeah, tell me about it! Prices for not only poultry but salmon as well. My husband seems to think that in winter, things slow down a bit so less production, more cost. Who knows.

Possibly, it makes sence. If the demand stays the same and the production goes down, but usually the demand would go down as its not the season for this? Im spinning my wheels here on something that I cant make a difference about, lol.

It's a bit cheaper at the Crystal Mall for chicken wings but I'm a bit hesistant about buying raw chicken there.

Why? I was actually thinking about getting some from there as it IS cheaper lol. Costco isnt that bad for price but everytime I go now they are sold out of many things. They dont stock or put out enough.

I love the burgers at RR. Awesome. What's your favorite, Russ? Mine's gotta be the Honey Mustard. Hmmm.[/DIV]
 Red Robbins burgers are the bomb. I usually get the royal red robin burger...

Favorite sauce for wings? I dont know, I like many... mmmm, I have no preferences with food. Its all so good. Ranch dipping sauce for sure... but for the sauce seasoning?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Well, Crystal Mall... y'know... you don't really know how long the meats been sitting and in what condition. Sometimes you don't know if they cut corners. Play it safe. Buy it at Save on or Superstore.

Red Royal burger, eh? Hmm. Never tried it. Only tried the Banzai burger and Honey Mustard. Too scared to try the rest.

I hate their pasta. Sucks. Don't ever try their pastas there.

Chicken wings dipped in ranch sauce. Oooh. To die for. That's the only dipping sauce that I do dip my wings in.

I usually marinate my wings with light soy sauce and honey overnight. It's not a bad combination especially if you've run out of marinating sauces.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Good afternoon all.  I can't stay for long, but just wanted to pop by and say hi.

*waves*

Gopher

Hello to you too, Purelife. We've not been on at the same time for ages.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

OMG Gopher... HI!  I've missed you and everyone else.  I took Wed to Friday off and am just enjoying being at home.  How are you doing?

I was checking my work email and OMG, *cries* too many things to do when I get back.

Gopher

Me? Oh I'm enjoying being off as well - don't go in until Sunday, then I have Monday off, work three more days and then I have my normal Thursday and Friday off. I could take more of this.

purelife

That sounds really relaxing Gopher.  

I love days off.  

Gopher

So do I.

I would marry them if I could.  

Russ

Hi miss purelife! Hope you had a good xmas and will have a good new years.

purelife

Hiya Russ.

My what lovely skin you have!  And my oh my, what feminine features you have!  

I had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.  I couldn't ask for anything better.  :)

It's good to know that you made it safely from your trip as well.  :)

Russ

Yes! It works! It is making people comment on it! Muah ha haha <cough splutter>.

Good to hear you had a great family xmas. It makes all the hustle and bustle worth it does it not?

I did make it home safe and sound, thanks.

purelife

It sure does Russ. I just want to get back to schedule and routine come Tuesday.  Get back to regular schedules (of posting on DS...hee hee)

I've got so many plans for 07, it's going to be another great year. :)  The one BIG thing that I'm looking forward to in April is our company rowing regatta.  I can't wait to train for this!  So, come January, I have to seriously hit the gym more often than I do now.  

ADD:  How about yourself?  Oh, are you going to your reunion?

purelife

Red Robin burgers are awesome!  I found that the RR in Burnaby isn't as good as the downtown location.  The Whiskey River BBQ burger is just yummy.  Their fries are delicious too.  

Russ

Im looking forward to doing my one exam I finally can write on the 2nd of Jan, lol. Dont expect to do well at all as I have slacked off in a big way the last month, not expecting at all to be able to write before I go back to sea. But even if I dont do well, I showed my company I did write. They wont checkup so I will just tell them that I uh, passed the first exam. Then I can rewrite that and the second one when I get back.

I am hoping to get back out to sea within the first week or two of Jan. I will then get out of this rut that Im in now, and get back into working out which is a bonus. Theres a full workout on the ship, as well as a place to jog and such.

As far as I know, theres no reunion planned yet. Our grad committee hated each other in a big way, lol. It was a joke.

I keep in touch with alot of the people I was friends or even aquantances with through emails by myself or mutual friends so it wouldnt bother me.  

Russ

purelife wrote:
Red Robin burgers are awesome!  I found that the RR in Burnaby isn't as good as the downtown location.  The Whiskey River BBQ burger is just yummy.  Their fries are delicious too.  
   Which one in bby? The one at metro?

I usually go to the one on cambie and broadway. They went out of their way to make it enjoyable for my 94 yr old grandma who has taken a shine to there.. so thats where I take her. I go there myself as well, lol.

Whiskey river bbq is good.

|