So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

CK, I checked the link and those wraps look GOOD.  Also the accompanying story about Badass Jack was really funny.  Thanks for the link.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

purelife wrote:
IMO, the American Heart will promote Subway because well, at least they've got some meat and veggies.  They have to have more variety of places to dine out because so many Americans eat out than eating in.  And the whole "Subway: Eat Fresh" gimmick is so off and inaccurate.  I am very certain that their food isn't as fresh as you think it is.  I know this because I knew someone who worked there but recently quit.  

I can see how that Jared guy lost weight if all he ate were Subway sandwiches.  But look at the protien content.  There really isn't much protien in the very little meat/slices that you get in your sandwich.  I say that it was Subway's great marketing scheme to promote this "eat fresh" line.  

P.S.  Jared would've lost weight quicker if he ate at the Salad Loop.  Now, that's fresh and healthy.

Exactly, purelife. If Jared lost all his so-called weight from just eating Subway, it won't be because of the 'low' calorie content, it'll be from the nauseating taste. Can you imagine eating that crap all the time? Plus as you pointed out, there isn't much protein there to make it even worth your daily intake of meat.

Best seafood I ever had come from Australia. Nothing beats the seafood there. It's unfortunate that Vancouver doesn't have some of the freshest seafood available. The salmon here is not too bad but nothing beats Australia. Ah well, beggars can't be choosers.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Murmen Thurmen

Not even Maritime Seafood? Aussie seafood must be heaven!

Lise

Murmen, believe me, it is...........................

Great oysters, lobster mornay.... all the fresh food come right from the sea as Australia is an island. There's just no comparison.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

The Maritimes are famous for their lobster, which is shipped around the world.  Also I've heard the Digby scallops from Nova Scotia have no comparison.  I wouldn't know since I don't eat scallops, but I can vouch for the lobster.  Something about the mineral content of the water that creates a special flavour.

Sportsdude

For Lunch tomorrow I'll most likely go here:

[A href="http://www.mcalistersdeli.com/location.asp"]http://www.mcalistersdeli.com/location.asp[/A]

I like there veggie taco salad and veggie chili. Plus they serve SWEET TEA!!! YUM!!!
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

That sounds good except for the sweet tea.  I can't stand sugar in tea or coffee.

Sportsdude

Don't like sweet tea? No way. I don't like mine super sweet.

kitten

My family only took milk in their tea, and that's what I grew up with.  It tastes weird with sugar.  And I make my own iced tea without sugar, just lemon.  Anything you get in a store or restaurant is sugared.

Sportsdude

Milk in Tea???????????

Yeah we like to make our own. Lately I just order food and not drink at restuarants. I've got water and diet pepsi at home. Why should I spend money on a drink.

P.C.

The Maritimes are famous for their lobster, which is shipped around the world.  Also I've heard the Digby scallops from Nova Scotia have no comparison.  I wouldn't know since I don't eat scallops, but I can vouch for the lobster.  Something about the mineral content of the water that creates a special flavour.

It's not just about being surrounded by ocean.  It's about the tempurature of the seas, that make good seafood.  The Maritimes ARE and SHOULD be famous for their seafood, because the temperature of their waters make it so.  I'd have to agree with you, Kitten......Maritimes lobster would make Australia drool......no comparison for sure.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Murmen Thurmen

Lise wrote:
Murmen, believe me, it is...........................

Great oysters, lobster mornay.... all the fresh food come right from the sea as Australia is an island. There's just no comparison.[/DIV]
 I heard you can't compare the beaches in Australia too? Looks beautiful.

kitten

Today's Menu..........Extra lean hamburger steak (baked), cole slaw and 1/2 baked potato.  Coffee ice cream for dessert.

Sportsdude

fletcher

Yes, it is the cold water of the Atlantic that makes the seafood there the best.  Have you ever compared lobster from the south to that of the north.  The southern 'lobster' which is crayfish, I believe, has no taste.  The colder the water, the better the fish, or lobster in this case.  Digby scallops are very large and apparently are the best, too.  I don't like scallops so can't compare but others tell me they are the best.  By the way, how do you pronounce 'scallop'?  I say scawlop not scaalip.  Same with 'awnt' and not 'ant' for aunt.  Yes, I grew up in the Maritimes.  In case you couldn't tell.

|