So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I figured that.  So did I.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

CK

too early for lunch? Well, breakfast is pancakes, eggs, and yoghurt!

No work today, too much to do around the house today..

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Gopher

Salmon, boiled potatoes, runner beans and parsley sauce.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

CK

Sounds good Gopher. What are runner beans? Salmon...*DROOOOL*...

Ended up just having a chicken and fries meal from Safeway deli for lunch. Too busy to make a lunch.

It was just ok..

Sportsdude

I didn't have lunch. I had dunch at applebees.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

fletcher

Kitten, were you talking to me about "I figured that.  So did I"?  If so, where did you grow up.  Or don't you want to admit it like I don't.  Not that there aren't places that I love back there.

CK

You shouldn't be embarrased for your you hail from Fletcher. Every town has its ups and downs.

kitten

fletcher wrote:
 Kitten, were you talking to me about "I figured that.  So did I"?  If so, where did you grow up.  Or don't you want to admit it like I don't.  Not that there aren't places that I love back there. [/DIV]
 I grew up in Saint John.  I suppose it is an interesting place for tourists, but I hated the cold.

CK

I heard the cold there bites hard. Unlike Alberta, where its a dry cold, the Maritime cold is moist and OUCH! But I never been that far east, so I can't say. Farthest east I have been is Quebec.

kitten

It used to be a lot worse when I was growing up, because there was a paper mill in town owned by the Irving family that belched clouds of sulphurous smoke into the air.  You put a cloth over your mouth and nose to walk up to the corner store and back, and it was bright yellow by the time you got home.  And yes, the wet cold is a killer.

CK

Wow! That sounds like when I used to go to Prince George for a hockey tournament when I was younger. Although, I don't remember any yellow sulphur, I remember almost dying from the smell. I think there is 3 pulp mills that surround that town?

kitten

I've never been to Prince George so I wouldn't know.  I'm glad the enviromentalists have made some headway against that sort of pollution.  For anyone with asthma it would be a real killer.

Gopher

CK wrote:
 What are runner beans?

[FONT color=#6000bf]Phaseolus coccineus - I don't know another 'ordinary' name for them apart from runner beans. They're great. Easy to grow (if you give them a lot of water), and about 12 plants will keep you going for months( with enough left over to freeze). They have a nice red flower so are decorative as well as highly edible (and economical).[/FONT]

kitten

Are they different from string beans, Gopher?

I had a small steak, cole slaw and carrots.  Rhubarb strawberry pie for dessert/

Gopher

No, they're more succulent and predominantly flatter. Look them up on Google images.  

|