So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

fletcher

Kitten, we have something in common then.  I grew up on the Kennebecasis River, farther away from the mill but on some of those foggy nights you could smell it.  Oh, I am not embarrassed by where I grew up, just don't like the city.  A lot of people call it "The Surf" but I never did know why.  There are many beautiful places outside the city center. But the architecture and the gargoyle thingys on the buildings in the downtown, if one is interested, is remarkable. The Maritime provinces are well worth the visit.   Especially in the summer.  PEI's beaches are spectacular, for example.

P.C.

Scarlet Runners.  That's what we used to call them.  They're only good when they're very young.....they become woody or fibre-y quickly if left on the vine. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/ekelig/g026.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

Maybe one time I will visit the Maritimes. It sounds so nice to me. Just seems like it would be a slower change of pace. Humans need more of that.

kitten

I always did love the gargoyles on the buildings, and trying to read some of the inscriptions on the old Loyalist  gravestones  in the center of town was interesting.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

P.C. wrote:
 Scarlet Runners.  That's what we used to call them.  They're only good when they're very young.....they become woody or fibre-y quickly if left on the vine. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/ekelig/g026.gif" border=0] ..........................

[FONT color=#0000bf]You can get round this by planting them at fortnightly intervals - say four each time.[/FONT]

A fool's paradise is better than none.

CK

wow..Tuesday already...

lunch todat was French onion soup (from M&Ms), and a garlic bagel...coffee too of course!

Gopher

kitten

I'm going out with a friend so I have no idea what's for lunch.

CK

roast chicken....

*Droooool*

Well, I get to have turkey dinner in a week and a half. Going to my girl's parents in Red Deer for Thanksgiving...*stomach already growling*  

Gopher

I'd rather have a red deer than a turkey! Enjoy both of them.

CK

I also heard it called Dead Reer.

never spent much time there. Looks like average Canadiana to me?  

(i think i'll stick with the white and dark turkey meat)..

kitten

That sounds wonderful, CK.  Have a wonderful time!

Gopher

Yes, so wonderful that you don't even miss us while you're away!

CK

kitten wrote:
That sounds wonderful, CK.  Have a wonderful time![/DIV]
 Thank you! You have a great lunch with your friend. Eat, drink, and...eat and drink some more!  

CK

Gopher wrote:
Yes, so wonderful that you don't even miss us while you're away![/DIV]
 probably will be hard. They have a den with a computer in it..maybe I can sneak away and log onto DS to say hello.

Anyone have plans for this weekend? I am NOT painting, that is the plan so far!

|