So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

It was the first time I'd had one.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I bought some a long while back, determined to try one.  I shamefully threw them in the trash after they grew some down.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I love artichokes.

The usual Smokey and diet pepsi.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

You've had them ?  How were they prepared ?  That's the part that scares me.   It's either so simple it's deceiving or it's as complicated as I imagine.  

Sportsdude

Wait, you're not talking about the dip. Most of the time we buy it prepared.

A long, long, time ago, when I was 7, I was at a fellow cub scouts house and it was near Hannaukah. My friend's grandpa cooked them for us saying "these are health for you" etc (he was a dentist). Why I still remember this story I have no idea.

If I could go back in time I'd ask for a recipe.

P.C.

no no....Not the dip.  I've read about them, how to cook, how to eat etc, but it all seems so mysterious.

purelife

I've had artichokes.  My mom makes the vegetable soup by boiling artichokes and carrots and chinese almonds.  It's so good!  We then eat the middle part.  

shrimp omelet for dinner.

Gopher

purelife wrote:
I've had artichokes.  My mom makes the vegetable soup by boiling artichokes and carrots and chinese almonds.  It's so good!  We then eat the middle part.  

I'll definitely give that a try.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

potato curry and rice, lots of rice.

purelife

I don't know how to describe the look of chinese almonds though.  I tried googling it to find an image but these almonds are much smaller in size and much more crunchier.  Barley would taste really good too.  I'm going to be making it soon as well.  Something else to drink instead of water.

Lil Me

AARRGGGHHH.

Discovered that the crock pot works much better when you turn it on!

No soup for dinner :(

A quick BBQ instead.

Potato leek soup for tomorrow night instead.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

OH SNAP
i hate it when that happens.

sounds good regardless.

LM@work

Hi everyone!

Hope P.C. is feeling better.  

I've been buried in work, and I suspect I won't come up to breathe until the end of the month.

What are you doing during your Olympics break, SD?  I hear you hafta clear out of the campus?        

Sportsdude

Hi Lil Me! :)
I'm not going anywhere.

I just can't have 'guests' or 'parties' past 8pm, can't 'hang unapproved olympic banners/flags out of my window', can't be seen with 'non-olympic sponsored apparel and products (no pepsi or off to the gallows)', 'discouraged from walking around past unnaproved hours' (most likely a warning about snipers in the trees).

There's at least seven 'eyes in the sky' around in my area (noticed them in the summer). The barbwire went up weeks ago. So, i suspect I don't have much time to live before I get picked up by the helicopters.

I'm a part of the olympics, so I suspect I won't have much time to do anything.

How are they going to enforce these rules, I have no idea. My roommates friends went on a firework shooting spree on the roof on halloween, they were banned from the premises, but now they live in the premises.

We'll probably be sent to the 'cages'.

Russ

i am completely drnuk. in las palmas. cant type no more. hi
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|