So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

I've never eaten the pumpkin that had a candle in it.  Supposing you scrape off the soot, it's probably fine?  I'm planning to eat a casualty punkin from tonight's carving session (some kid screwed up and started again on a new pumpkin)...going to cut off the Jiffy Marker lines before I cook it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

They had free pumpkin carving at the Halloween party I went to. Didn't get a pumpkin.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I don't know how you manage to hold a party for 30 kids and keep your sanity, LM. That's not something I could do. I admire you!

PC - pumpkin seeds that come out from a dog's behind isn't the most pretty picture. So I learn that you're not supposed to let a dog eat them. I guess in hindsight, he could probably populate my backyard with seeds, y'know... give nature a chance.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

As far as I know, most things that come out of a dogs a........well never mind.  I just wasn't sure if it was one of those things that would make them sick.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Thats ok LM! I love chili.. and I could add more meat! LOL.
Our dinner turned out to be really good with grilled ham n cheese and turkey lurkey soup.

PL: My dad is here for a number of days.

So today is anotehr day of cleaning up around the garage and back yard. But it will take twice as long to do what I want to cuase my dad will be around with his valuable opinion.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

So today is anotehr day of cleaning up around the garage and back yard. But it will take twice as long to do what I want to cuase [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"]my dad will be around with his valuable opinion. [/FONT]

[FONT size=4]LOL Russ[/FONT].  Maybe you could ask all kinds of questions about the best way to clean up the garage would BE .....then when he gives a valuable opinion.....play dumb.   Ask him to SHOW you what he means.

purelife

But it will take twice as long to do what I want to cuase my dad will be around with his valuable opinion.

I'm laughing too.

Good morning Russ and P.C.

Russ

Good morning miss PL and PC! What a beautiful day here.
I attempting to get info (almost 45 minutes calling on the phone, getting sent back and forth) to get my national post and vancouver sun subscriptions sent to my parents place on the island. I want teh paper versions cause then i get the digital versions I can read overseas. My brother and starfishie both dont read the paper all the time so its a waste.

P.C. wrote:[div style="font-style: italic;"]LOL Russ.  Maybe you could ask all kinds of questions about the best way to clean up the garage would BE .....then when he gives a valuable opinion.....play dumb.   Ask him to SHOW you what he means.[/div]No, cause then he will start 'helping', then say he has to go do something and will be right back. One hour later he will come back out, and if its not the way he decides it should be, then he wants YOU to redo it while he tells you. He sits down and calls the world on teh phone.

P.C.

Good morning Miss purelife.

Me too....because it makes me picture Russ as a little mischievious boy.      

Here he is, creating a tow system to move yard stuff around.  

purelife

Russ - Does your dad have an opinion on everything?  I know some parents who just has to put their voice in, not realizing the damage it could do.

Hey - it's kinda sprinkling now... maybe we'll see a rainbow?!!!

Lil Me

LOL.  I think it's great that Russ and his dad can still do things together, despite the hassle involved.  A lot of people can't be bothered to do things with their parents (myself included sometimes)!

Anyone doing anything for Diwali?  I'm trying to hold off until next week, then I can gorge on Indian food.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

EDIT:  Ok, it wasn't raining at all.  I think someone is washing our building from the top because it's pouring water now!  And here I thought it was raining outside....    

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
LOL.  I think it's great that Russ and his dad can still do things together, despite the hassle involved.  A lot of people can't be bothered to do things with their parents (myself included sometimes)!

Anyone doing anything for Diwali?  I'm trying to hold off until next week, then I can gorge on Indian food.

Afternoonie miss LM!
Today is Diwali isnt it?
http://www.vandiwali.ca/
Hmm according to teh link its about two weeks or so. You would think I would know more considering I live in what is known as 'Little India'.

Yeah we still do things together.. have a few beers and argue. Then gang up on my brother until my dad says something and then they gang up on me..  <sigh> LOL

I used to head to main street on certain days when they have parades or something, and they have all this free food to eat.

Lil Me

Russ wrote:
Yeah we still do things together.. have a few beers and argue. Then gang up on my brother until my dad says something and then they gang up on me..  <sigh> LOL
--
 You guys have a lot of fun together :)

I really feel for only children sometimes.  Like this afternoon in the schoolyard- a bunch of boys were tussling and most of the parents just let them be...but the mother of an only child ran up and made them stop.  lol  Well, her son was at the bottom of the dogpile looking bewildered...

P.C.

I too think it's great to hear of the things you all do with your parents.  I'm most envious.....anyone in to adopting a ..... slightly older child ?      

|