So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

986 people in Culver Square, Colchester, Essex, UK

Is this for punkin carving or 123 ka-boom ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

It's for the 123 kaboom.
 They called it a "simultaneous Christmas cracker pull".

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Hahahaa....I wish there was a video.

Russ

Ha! Nope on the chainsaw art.. lol. I only use my chainsaw for responsible things, like pruning trees of low branches, bucking up dead trees for firewood, and cutting watermelons.

Im still trying to come up with a good pumpkin.. Ill post a pic when I figure it out.

EDIT: The only 'casualty' of the trip is I cant find my cell phone, last time I remember having and using it was right before I left when I was still organizing logistics with everyone coming. Ah well.. it was almost a year and a half old. Time for a new one.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I saw these cute pumpkin carving mitts.  These mitts are supposed to help grip it better so your hands don't slip.  

Lunch is leftover beef stragonoff and an apple.

P.C.

I wonder if those are a similar texture to the potato gloves.  

My hands are killing me already, and I'm not even halfway on my first punky.

Lil Me

Drove across town to the punkin farm and was kinda dismayed that most of the family farms in the area are GONE.  All them blueberry farms have become houses.

Came home and baked mini cornbread loaves to go with the turkey chili.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

That chili sounds good LM! Let us know how it tastes.

It will be turkey soup and either hamburgers or grilled cheese.. depends on what starfishie wants.
My dad showed up today unnanounced from teh island! lol, was a bit of a surprise.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Your dinner sounds yummy Russ and Lil Me... good wholesome comfort food.

chicken paprikash for dinner.

Is dad staying overnight, Russ?

Sportsdude

evening everyone. Indeed without Michel it is quiet.
Busy today, another field trip tomorrow. This time more upscale affair.
Got a group paper to put together for tomorrow, a book to read, and other stuff.

good night.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Hmmm....must be the season for unexpected guests ?  Had one yesterday too.  

I MISS MICHELLLLLLLLL !!!!!!

Did ya carve yer punkin Russ ?  I only got half of one done....but completed another 60 Christmas crackers today.  I'm doing Marty from Madagascar for the little kiddies, and a really scary one....and I haven't decided about the third one. (we don't usually get more than a dozen kids but I always hope.

P.C.

Oh yea.....pork steaks, latkes and some veggies.

Lise

Evening all. Can't find pumpkins, LM? Have you consider them pumpkins at Superstore? They've got a bunch there.

I am NOT buying a stupid pumpkin to carve. Last time we did that, we made a huge mess and the dog at a couple of seeds when we weren't looking. Stupid bugger. I tell you, the end part of his mess was not a sight to behold.

Tired. Tired. Tired. So busy at work. No time to even go for a quick pee.... OK, I lie. I have like 10 seconds to pee then rush back to work. There's no end in sight!!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Ah, take a breather Lise. *passes chair and matching foot stool*

I did get the pumpkins.  The pumpkin farm is still there...surrounded by new development.  I could have gone to the StupidStore...but I'd rather support the independant pumpkin farmer.

A Marty pumpkin?  Wow.   P.C. is amazing.

The turkey chili and corn bread was nummy.  Russ wouldn't have liked the chili, though.  It was very heavy on vegetables (in big chunks) and only had 1lb of ground turkey.

Had a crazy Scouts Hallloween party.  The 30 kids ran around, carved pumpkins, decorated treat bags and had snack....all in 1hr.  Fortunately, we had a lot of help from leaders, parents and Venturers (the high school kids).

We did a pretty good job of containing the mess- 2 big tarps on the gym floor, plus a big garbage can...but I kinda feel for the middle-aged floor hockey guys who use the gym right after us....

P.C.

Are punkin seeds no good for puppies Lise ?  

Your turkey chili and corn bread sounds deeeelish Lil Me.

Has anybody ever used the pumpkin meat AFTER it has been a jack-o-lantern ?  Am I overlooking something, to think that the worst that could happen is a bit of a smokey taste from the candle ?  [img onclick="selecte('eh.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/eh.gif" border=0]

|