So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Russ wrote:
Now its cleanup and running around.. waiting for word on where Im going workwise.
 --
 Would you ever consider staying close to home?  Like keeping the BC Ferries fleet running?  That way, you could be home every night.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Morning LM
Wow 30 pumpkins sounds interesting.. when you allows the hacking of pumpkins.. do you teach them to use stencils or just draw them on? Just curious really.. I still have to carve my pumpkin.
Corkpot turkey chili hey.. we used the remains of our deepfry and made turkey soup yesterday after getting home.

Have fun at the patch!

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Morning Lil Me. 30 pumpkins?  That's gonna be one heavy load.  Have fun.    

Lil Me

It's a punkin carving free-for-all.  Some kids bring stencils.  Others just draw the face with a Jiffy Marker and cut it out.  The Beaver kids have been asked to bring a parent with them :)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Russ wrote:
Now its cleanup and running around.. waiting for word on where Im going workwise.
 --
Lil Me wrote:
 Would you ever consider staying close to home?  Like keeping the BC Ferries fleet running?  That way, you could be home every night.

I would and am.. but Im not ready to take that big of a pay cut yet. I want to get my highest lisence before coming back to BC. I will be back in the next 5 years, and hopefully by then the ferries will have cleaned out more of the deadweight they have in there, and have made officers wages more competitive.

The coast guard is having this problem as well. Wages are too little for the senior officers so they cant get people

Lil Me

Ah.  A 5 Year Plan.  Goood.

While you're still off in the high seas, would you consider cruise ships?

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Ah.  A 5 Year Plan.  Goood.

While you're still off in the high seas, would you consider cruise ships?

I have but that would be more for enjoyment then money. Its a life on there.. I would be working longer times away and shorter times home, while making 2/3 of what Im making now.

I do want to try cruise ships however

P.C.

Good morning everyone

Russ running the BC ferries.  Now THAT I could get behind !!!  

It sounds like you've carved out a sensible path there Russ.

Lil Me.....your brave soul never ceases to amaze me.  All those munchkins wielding sharp pointy instruments....eeeeek !

Finished up 100 Christmas crackers yesterday....another 100 to go.  I'll put them on hold for today, while I carve my pumpkins.

[A class=faceLink href="jvascript:showVote(448);"][img alt="Click here to Vote" src="http://www.smileyworld.com/dictionary/images/smileys/Foods/Pumpkin.gif" border=0][/A]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Wow P.C.  That's a lot!

P.C.

They're not for me....they are for a fund raising thing for a great charity.

Russ

That IS alot PC.. I just thought you might have been stocking up.

Dont think you arent getting alot LM! I have two. And I still ahvent designed or cut them :(

P.C.

OK....let me give you one teeny tiny tip about carving pumpkins.

BRING THEM INSIDE OVERNIGHT BEFORE YOU CUT THEM.

I have kept mine on the porch, and I just gutted one, and my hands are numb from the cold.  OMG....They are FREEZING !!!!!

Lil Me

lol-*passes warm mittens to P.C.*

Wonderful that you are donating your Christmas crackers, P.C.
 Hmmm...I'm wondering if there is a Guinness Record for simultaneous Christmas cracker explosion.  1-2-3 Ka-Bang.

Just called the farm.  They are going to give me some basketball-sized pumpkins for $2 each.

Russ- will your pumpkin be a stellar example of chainsaw art?

Lil Me

Found it.
 Nov 16, 2003
 986 people in Culver Square, Colchester, Essex, UK

P.C.

OOOOOO....thanks for the mittens Lil Me.  My fingers feel 'burny' from the cold.  I think I will bring the other 2 in for the night, and carve them tomorrow.

The Christmas Cracker thing is their own project.  They have set it up, so that you can go in to a workshop and make them....they have supplied all the stuff.....or you can take all the materials and do them at home.  So I signed on for a couple hundred.  They go pretty quickly, as the gal who organized this, has 'pre' everything.  She's bagged up 'kits' of 12....with precut tissue, ribbon, toys and hats and fortunes, and of course the snappy things that I can't seem to find anywhere.  I think she may have depleted the island supply, as they are doing 6000.  

|