So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

ohhh arts and crafts.
I like wood working but I don't know anyone with a router, table saw or jigsaw. lol
I'd build my own furniture otherwise.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Imagination Market ?  What is this ?  Tell me more please.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

[em]P.C. wrote:
[/em] [em]Imagination Market ?  What is this ?  Tell me more please.[/em][/div]
 [div]It's a LARGE room full of crafts.  They have almost everything imaginable and you make whatever you want.  There are volunteers who help give ideas.  You can do paper mache or make beads, or make something out of your imagination.  It's heaven... :)

[/div][div]What kind of arts and crafts are you into, PC?  I remember you mention scrap booking?

P.C.

That sounds totally awesome.  Is it still around ?  or are you saying it was around when you were a kid ?  It would be worth looking in to if it's something you enjoy.  If it's not still around, it could be an enjoyable little business for someone to start up.  Probably not a big money maker, but at least it would be fun.    

purelife

I'm going to get back into activities I enjoy.  :)  I was at an Imagination Market a few years ago but I can't remember how I found it and don't know if they exist under same name or new one.

We found out that the banging noise in our pipes is the compression tank.  It looks like everything in that lil heater/boiler room has to be replaced as well because it's just too old.  

Have a great weekend everyone!  It's quiet in here without Michel...I miss him already.  

Sportsdude

Do you know where to get Halloween costumes around here?  (those halloween stores that are only open this time of year) I'm in dire need of something.

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
Do you know where to get Halloween costumes around here?  (those halloween stores that are only open this time of year) I'm in dire need of something.

Value Village on Hastings has an entire floor with costumes for affordable prices.

I had to go to The Rock Shop after work for something and boy oh boy did I feel out of place in there... twas my first time.  At least the staff didn't make me feel awkward.  

P.C.

It's quiet in here without Michel...I miss him already.

Me toooooooo !     I hope he has a wonderful time.

I just discovered I got seriously ripped off with my punkins.  I wonder if anyone has ever returned pumpkins for a refund.  

Sportsdude

I'm sure you could. :) Although you might get a burst of laughter.

Lise

I'm horrible at crafts. I think the last time I did craftwork I managed to glue two bits together (which shouldn't be glued in the first place) and created the mess of the century. No, I'll stick to drawing which is much cleaner.

Spent like 5 mins at the dental beer garden. I'm sad to say that I'm no longer as young as I would like to be. Hanging out in a room filled with kids and beer is no longer my cuppa of tea. After 10 hours of work, all I ever wanna do is crawl into a corner and go to sleep. Where do these kids get the time and energy to go beer drinking? Don't they have to study?? (maybe SD can answer that)

I ended up going to Zellers for clothes. I found some rather nice ones and Lise Jr. picked them all. I just hand over my credit card. Hmmm.... sign of things to come.

PC, you're right, I would make a bad shopping companion to you. You're welcome to take my hubby if you're interested.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

midterms are done... I think.

hmmm I think I'm going drinking, nothing else to do. lol

Lil Me

Morning!  I'm soooo glad to be home.

Left at 7am to drive Heckyl and two of his friends to where they were going out camping.

On the way home, Jeckyl and I were thinking about getting breakfast.  Then the car nearly died.  The engine temp was running in the red zone.  I pulled over and discovered the coolant overflow bottle was bone dry.  Ulp.  Managed to limp the car to WalMart at Guilford and buy a bottle of coolant.  Temp back to normal. Drove home.  Hope I don't have a hole in the rad, but time will tell...

Had McBreakfast at Walmart.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Pizza (with sardines)
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

mmm.  I like smoked oysters on my pizza.

I'm off to town to see if I can track down some cardboard tubes.

Gopher

To eat? Never tried those!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|