So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

haha. yeah I go there every once in a while when I get tired of asian food, I just get the burrito veggie one. I go to the "sketchy" asian cafeteria the most though. Tried the pita place, over thanksgiving I had the Japanese above ground place for basically lunch and dinner everyday. I'm a bit tired of their lunch boxes and miso at the moment. lol
I went to the hamburger place and of course the tea place. So yeah... I hang out there a lot. lol

Still avoid McDonald's like the plague. haha

Haven't gone to the sushi place on the second floor, have you been?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Heya purelife... ja... I'm finding that out. I'm not very good at buying stuff for the kids. Mostly it's my hubby who does the shopping instead - if you can believe that. Does Costco sell good kids stuff?

SD - I've only got 1/2 hour for lunch for I don't get to out as much. I've tried the sushi on the second floor. It's OK, not the best. We went there after work one time.

Have you been to Mahoneys? OMG. So good. We go there sometimes when the Dean buys us appetizers and drinks from time to time. I LOVE their pizzas. *drool*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I've been to Mahoney's a few times. A bit pricey for my budget, but I do like going there.

49er

[FONT size=6]Sportsdude..........stop leaving those ridiculous big tips for the asian waitresses[/FONT]

Sportsdude

hahaha.
Its cafeteria style so I can't really leave a tip except small coins.
I did go to the dim sum place.

Lise

He doesn't leave tips..... just phone numbers.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I've been tempted to do that once, but never done the cell thing. smiley faces. lol

purelife

Lise wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]. Does Costco sell good kids stuff?[/div]
I find that their clothes are better quality.  And I've seen many cute girl clothes (it depends on the season)... I wish I have a daughter.....There were some cute flowery boots, cute coats, pants, shirts....

P.C.

I LOVE  The Children's Place for little girls clothes.  SOOOO cute.  Although, it's one of those places that has marketing down to a science.  I bought a little sweater, that was unbelievably adorable....but it wasn't quite as adorable without the little pants and the little socks and the little shoes........  80 bucks later........ (bear in mind, this was in 3 months size)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

lol.  Don't forget the matching hat, P.C.!

My kids wear pants with the adjustable inner waistband- can find these at Old Navy, Sears, Zellers, Costco.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I saw this CUTE baby shirt that read:  What happens at Grandma's, Stays at Grandma's.  

Ooooo...there are so many cute cute baby clothes, and bibs, an booties, and hats, and mits and blankeys.....  

Lil Me

I think I'll enjoy being a grandmother.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

There might have been a hat.  Good thing I didn't see it.

I'm not one for spending ridiculous amounts on clothes.  Especially clothes that are no larger than a Kleenex.  That's why I say they have marketing down to a science.....and I bought into it.  (only twice though )

(rats....I thought this sent ages ago....but it was still sitting here when I got back)    

P.C.

Lil Me.....when the time comes, you are going to be one awesome Black Belt Gramma, with endless energy (which kids don't get when you DON'T have it).  I just can't quite picture your cute lil self as a gramma....LOL

Lil Me

Yeah, thanks P.C.  I'm sure the grandmothering will be FUN.  (as opposed to the daily homework, nose wiping, making lunches, etc...)  

|