So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Good morning miss PL, LM, PC, and of course Michel.
So.. whats this trip about? I know you are heading back east but this is for work? Or for visiting? I know you siad something about work??

I too spend alot on food PC.. ALOT. It probably is over 1k a month. But that is with the older Starfishie, and my brother at times. We never eat leftovers for dinner, we always eat it for lunches or reuse in into a spagball or something sauce. But for him? Um.. Im having my doubts. Sorry SD.

Lil Me wrote:
Morning!  Not much for me this weekend, either.  Heckyl is going camping and Jeckyl and I have a family dinner to attend.  Plus, Jeckyl wants to go see his buddy sing in a concert.

purelife- There's a $2 Skate on Sat from 1:30-2:45 at the Poirier arena in Coquitlam (free rentals, too).

Wheres he going LM? Im heading up to the other hotsprings this weekend. Sloquet, not Skookumchuch. Instead of tubs this place has the pools of water that people have built pools for, right beside a rapids filled river.. should be good. Theres a number of trucks heading up.

The highlight today.. is we are doing the deep fryed turkey! We arent going to use teh peanut oil either.. its like 80 bucks for enough to do the bird, and like 30 bucks for the canola.. which lasts only 5-6months refrigerated.  

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

purelife

Hiya Russ!  *poke*  Let us know how your turkey turns out... I bet I will be able to smell it all the way here.

I think I spend around $600 on groceries for the two of us (but this doesn't include us buying our lunches or eating out once in a while).  I still can't imagine how SD could spend $1000.  

Michel - I got this message in my inbox.  I think it was for you.

If you're an interesting man and feeling lonely, cute and easy-going woman will relieve your solitude!

Do you want her email addy?     Sorry, email didn't come with pics.  

Michel

Michel

[font size="1"]
[/font]  

purelife

Michel wrote:
purelife wrote:
  Michel - Have a safe journey.  I'm sure you'll have lots of fun and be taking lots of pics.  I can't wait to see them.

Oh I don't bring the camera. That will be unesthetic fun. lol, poor ex, good she don't read this forum.
    Poor ex?  no camera?  how come?

Michel

Lil Me

I don't understand.
 You are going to have fun with your ex, but she is not good looking, so you won't take pictures?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Good think the poor lady doesn't read this forum!

purelife- yes, that's the arena.

Russ-my kid is going to camp at one of the Scout facilities in the Valley.  He always has a good time.  He comes home wearing the same clothes he left in, and you can tell the toothbrush and soap were never unpacked or used...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

lol

Michel- did you always think your ex was ugly, or did she become ugly after your broke up with her?!

Michel

Sportsdude

guys aren't counting in the cafeteria costs. A plate for lunch with one meat, one starch and two veggies is 8-10 then a drink is 2 bucks. The loonie was at 1.10 USD so I was paying including a drink (2 bucks). So a 12 dollar lunch for something should of been 5 bucks but the place liked to screw you over. Ended up being 13.20

80.00s at QF became 88.00s

Went to QF 4x a month usually spent a 100 and sometimes 200 (then I'd have to get a cab those 200 ones were when I hadn't gone to the store in a while). And QF was never cheap, its not cheap, cheap is SuperStore which was too far away on Nanaimo buses.

Then we rotated on pizzas you ended up paying that once a month. 40-50.
I usually went to this corner place 1 or 2 a week on the weekends usually. 40-50.

But majority of the food costs were through the cafeteria.
30 bucks a day for two plates and two drinks is ridiculous.
150 a week

600 a month just eating at the cafeteria
200 for QF trips/walks
200-300 in eating out at the corner (once a week usually), walking to a corner pub once a week (sun's or sats), drinks at the student pub or food, buying 2 pizzas and 2 drinks from this corner place.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Uhm, anyone good in math and want to verify SD's last post?  

|