So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

What's for lunch?

This morning, I quickly put together my lunch of:

brocolli coleslaw with mixed beans and canned salmon.  I drizzled some olive oil and then will cut up my avocado to go with it.  I hope it's yummy.

Michel

Sportsdude

yeah you ate in the bad part of town where the Hells Angels have a building and where every local thinks its the Compton or East and North St. Louis of Nanaimo. If you went there at night all you would see is prostitutes, homeless and druggies.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

The Dean

Sportsdude wrote:
guys aren't counting in the cafeteria costs. A plate for lunch with one meat, one starch and two veggies is 8-10 then a drink is 2 bucks. The loonie was at 1.10 USD so I was paying including a drink (2 bucks). So a 12 dollar lunch for something should of been 5 bucks but the place liked to screw you over. Ended up being 13.20

80.00s at QF became 88.00s

Went to QF 4x a month usually spent a 100 and sometimes 200 (then I'd have to get a cab those 200 ones were when I hadn't gone to the store in a while). And QF was never cheap, its not cheap, cheap is SuperStore which was too far away on Nanaimo buses.

Then we rotated on pizzas you ended up paying that once a month. 40-50.
I usually went to this corner place 1 or 2 a week on the weekends usually. 40-50.

But majority of the food costs were through the cafeteria.
30 bucks a day for two plates and two drinks is ridiculous.
150 a week

600 a month just eating at the cafeteria
200 for QF trips/walks
200-300 in eating out at the corner (once a week usually), walking to a corner pub once a week (sun's or sats), drinks at the student pub or food, buying 2 pizzas and 2 drinks from this corner place.

Seems like a lot of writing to convince people that I am sure DO NOT care...

Sportsdude

its old victoria area. Nobody goes there, except my friends who rented out a place.
There's North Nanaimo, downtown Nanaimo and South Nanaimo. 3 classes in one city.
North end is like Point Grey I've never seen somebody shoot themselves up in this area. Downtown is like Strathcona/Gastown and South is getting closer to Main and Hastings but its residential so its run down Strathcona.

I always spent time at a union hall in the south. Saw a women shoot up herself with heroin, saw what that did to her. It was quite interesting. Then walking home from the corner pub a guy was beating up a hooker. Same street a cat pounced and ate a giant rabbit. Love that neighbourhood.

Sportsdude

oh hi dean i see you care or you wouldn't have responded, bud. :)

reminds me of the people who post on yahoo news site saying "this is not news! or who cares!" yet they obviously read it or they wouldn't have been compelled to reply.

The Dean

Sportsdude wrote:
oh hi dean i see you care or you wouldn't have responded, bud. :)

reminds me of the people who post on yahoo news site saying "this is not news! or who cares!" yet they obviously read it or they wouldn't have been compelled to reply.

That is a good point.

I am not your bud. Maybe if you were on DS less, and studied a bit more, you wouldn't always be whining about how hard you have it at school. Maybe you could meet a girl too, instead of more whining about your roomies having girls, while you cry yourself to sleep.

Wait! Is all that whining actually being sarcastic? I can't tell.

P.C.

Seems like a lot of writing to convince people that I am sure DO NOT care...

Well....I care.  I spent a lot of time giving SD pointers on how to survive on his $200 a month food budget last September.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

And he didn't listen to you, P.C.  Oh well, his loss.  

P.C.

LOL....I had some pretty good tips.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/nahrung/f080.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I think the Dean and SD are in love and they won't tell us they're actually dating in real life. *sigh*

Afternoonie folks. I hope all is well. purelife's lunch sounds interesting. Was it any good?

Had a late breakfast at the Crystal Mall with the girls. It was good spending some daughter/mommy time for a change. I have to buy Lise Jr. better pants. Her pants kept falling down each time we did a small run or hop. Kinda funny but not very funny when you're crossing the pedestrian walk and it falls on you.

Note to self: elastic pants are good for kids.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Dean is a cyber bully, he has nothing good to say.

had an okay afternoon.

Lise

Hey SD. Did you check out the Red Burrito? It's awesome. I love their burrito-less in a bowl but it tend to give me a lot of gas.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Hey Lise - you could get the pants that are adjustible at the waist.  Not sure if you've seen this, but in the pants, you can stretch the elastic and make it shorter so that it can fit properly on the kid's waist.

I enjoyed my lunch.  :)

|