So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Yes. No one can say my name right. Everyone tries to add another syallable. If someone has problems pronouncing the name which is a majority of people. I just say call me by my first. :( I envy the people with 3 or 4 letters as a last name, since mine is so foreign to people. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I vote that you change your last name to Smith.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

and join the other thousands of Smiths in the phone books. lol  

Michel

Sportsdude

I bet somebody somewhere named their kid that.  

purelife

My last name is sooooooo complicated.     People can't seem to pronounce it either way.  

Dinner was sole fillet with tater salad and asparagus.  Then had some strawberries and kiwi.  yum.

Lil Me

I have to spell my first name and last name to people all the time.
 The maiden name was easy.  Half of Vancouver has it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

I've seen it, its around here in the midwest/south areas. Actually I know a guy with the name. lol  

Sportsdude

Great.... The strongest storm since '74 is headed right towards me....
Oh boy. *sigh*
This is my 3rd week home, been through 7 tornado warnings already.

Lise

My hubby's name is also long and unique.

Come to think of it, we have many international students right now at UBC. I can't pronounce half of them, that's why I know who is who. Funny how they make these dentists from foreign countries (some with years and years of experience) go through university once more. Then again, I would prefer that they go through this so the standard is set high.

Tuition fees for them is ridiculous, something like $40,000 and up. Per semester.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

purelife wrote:
My last name is sooooooo complicated.     People can't seem to pronounce it either way.  

Dinner was sole fillet with tater salad and asparagus.  Then had some strawberries and kiwi.  yum.

I admit I was one of the dummies that fell into this. I went and double checked miss PL.

LM.. I feel for mr LM. Im not allowed to go to Costco or other places on my own anymore. Or even with my brother. I dont get what Starfishie put on the list or I get sidetracked and buy something that wasnt even on the list. Like instead of salad I buy a much needed item like a 12V cig lighter Blender! (works great and is really neato by the way).

SD.. It was pretty crappy weather the last few days where I was on the island anyhow. Parksville area. The wind nearly blew over the new Stainless BBQ I bought for my parents place.

So whats everyones plans for today? I have to head out to Langley to pick up some much needed parts for my truck and put them in a cardboard box while Starfishies at work.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

I hear ya on the wind thing Russ.  It has been relentless.  Today is the first day in a week almost, that there hasn't been wind......and STRONG wind.  Every night around 4 or 5 it has been kicking up.  My yard is a mess....but I refuse to tidy until I know it's done.

I think we should band together and protest this crappy weather.  We need to take ACTION I tell ya !

Add:  

LM.. I feel for mr LM. Im not allowed to go to Costco or other places on my own anymore. Or even with my brother. I dont get what Starfishie put on the list or I get sidetracked and buy something that wasnt even on the list. Like instead of salad I buy a much needed item like a 12V cig lighter Blender! (works great and is really neato by the way).

LOL....I'm with you on that one Russ.  That is the dangerous lure that Costco has.  You get to discover things you need that you never even knew you needed.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

I know! We should get that umbrella of LM's to extend from downtown vancouver to cover the ISLAND too!! Fantastic Idea!

Then the politicians can make yet another one of their useful and enforcable laws.. and BAN winds and uncomfortable weather! I mean the idling for three minutes in traffic law is totally realistic and enforcable, it also didnt waste any taxpayers money by proposing it and passing it with discussion in the meetings.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Fantastic !  We'll leave it to you to get the ball rolling on this one then ?

[FONT size=5]NO MORE CRAPPY WEATHER !!![/FONT]

[FONT size=5]down with rain, down with rain !!![/FONT]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|