So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

lol at Baby Barack

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Congrats Uncle SD.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a207.gif" border=0]

So funny trying to see outsiders (mainly British journalists) trying to pronounce American names with their "this is how it must sound in proper english" lol. God, my name would be butchered.

They'd have to be pretty dense to butcher it....the origin of it IS English.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Lise

P.C. wrote:
Hi Lise.....just so you don't have to bare your breasts in the cold, what you are looking for is a faucet aerator.

[img height=58 src="http://www.energyfederation.org/common/images/productfamilies/small/s_2184.jpg" width=78]I think

That's EXACTLY what I have in mind. See, I was trying to unscrew the stupid faucet aerator, called up my hubby to ask which way does it unlock (it's clockwise, just so you know) and he told me counter-clockwise. So of course, it tighten further and I was screaming my head off, cursing the thing under my breath.... totally killed it after 5 mins.

Anyways, it's off to the hardware store. My boobs thank ye, PC but I'd probably it anyways if the guy looked like....

.... Ty Pennington. *sigh*

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

You're quite welcome Miss Lise.  Ty is pretty cute indeed.  

Lise

I wonder if he's married, Ty. He must be. Gosh, can you imagine being married to him? He'll only have to look at whatever needs fixing with those blue eyes and it'd magically get fixed.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I'm not 100%, but I don't think he is.  I saw a tour of his home on a decorating program, .....a 600  square foot cabin.  Rustic and cute.  It didn't appear to be a place he shared with anyone.

Lil Me

Ah Ty Pennington.  Yet another reason to get cable tv.
 He's so much more than Holmes on Homes...or Shell Busey....

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Lise

*swoon* He can fix my broken faucet anytime.

As luck would have it, hubby came back with TWO faucet aretor. Figured I'd break something.... he was right. *sheephish smile*    
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

....and then there's Nate.

Lise

Wow. I like his smile!!! But I've no clue who he is.
Bill Cosby.

JJ

Nate is another good "find" of Oprah's!

Sportsdude

Michel wrote:
SD has an accent ! nananananannananannaaaah !

Yup was in denial over it for years. Its a regional only accent only. Which means I can talk to you in Vancouver with a nuetral voice, you wouldn't know a thing, my cousin calls, and all of a sudden my voice drops, I eat the first vowels and drop suffix's. Explained this once in Anthropology class about dialects, everyone was blown away at my ability to switch dialects on the spot. My friends in BC didn't start noticing the changes until leaving time came closer and closer, by the time I left, I'd reverted back to the missouri ach-send (which is how I say accent). Like roof is rough.

lol P.C. I'm not an uncle just a Second Cousin. Hopefully this kid isn't scared of me like my cousins first kid is. Gosh I bought him a BC Ferries toy boat which Mrs. Suspecious thanked me for (she really tried to be nice, it was sweet of her).  Everyone is hoping the new guy looks like us this time around (well not me but the folks on the farm all look the same) the first kid looks like the Tennessians who nobody likes. (Seriously her family is strange they cannot stay over a night anywhere they can never leave Tennessee ever).

Yeah my nick name is old english. There's a reason why I use my nickname as an official name. lol (was really talking about my last name which everyone stumbles on why I have no idea)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

People stumble over your LAST name ?  It is so phonetically basic, that I can't fathom how someone would have a problem.  It would be the phonetic equivalent of stumbling over 'Bob'.

|