So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Yes, Ioco Road.  That's the one.  You have to head up Ioco.  I'll have to look on the maps again to find the exact route we took.  I'll let you know.

Lise

I thought the loonie was about the bird on the coin? The loon bird. What a funny name for an odd looking bird.

Next time, I vote we put the beaver there instead! The noble, majestic beaver, so furry and soft, the kind that bites when cornered.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

purelife wrote:
Yes, Ioco Road.  That's the one.  You have to head up Ioco.  I'll have to look on the maps again to find the exact route we took.  I'll let you know.  

Ah, thanks purelife. There's no need. We'll find it eventually. Thanks again.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

hmm, finding a nickname besides the obvious for a beaver coin would be tough.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Next time, I vote we put the beaver there instead! The noble, majestic beaver, so furry and soft, the kind that bites when cornered

Ah Freud called it the castration complex. Lets called the Canadian nickel this way.

Sportsdude

well somebody rammed their car through a store front here down the street. Some beauty salon. Hope everybody's okay but if you see a camera video a ford tauras running through a store front on tv, lol, that's my neighbourhood.  

Gopher

Similar here. Yesterday I phoned the police because a nearby security van was booming out its siren with the message "Help, help, please call the police. Security guards under attack" calling out every ten seconds.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

lol!
hopefully nobody is hurt from this because the hair place is a busy busy place. But gosh did they bring in the calvary for this. I think most of the police and fire department of my burb was there.

Gopher

You're going to miss all this.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

lol, eh, not really. I'm sure Nanaimo will have funny odd moments. That speaking i went to the grocery store and I felt like it was Florida. No young people working. Then I realized everybody is at school. Gosh its weird having school start after Labour day now.  

Schadenfreude

[FONT face=Tahoma]The North American name loon comes from the bird's haunting, yodeling cry, a symbol of the Canadian wilds. [/FONT]

[FONT face=Tahoma][/FONT]

[FONT face=Tahoma][/FONT]
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

purelife

Hey Lise.

Ok, I figured it out.  You go to Lougheed Hwy, eastbound.  Then, turn left heading North on North Road.  North Road turns into Clarke Road so stay on your right.  You will then hit St. John's Street.   Then turn left on Ioco Road and keep to your left.  Then, turn right on to 1st Ave and then again on Sunnyside Road.  Follow the road and you will hit Buntzen parking lot.

[FONT face="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]

purelife

When I'm on the general page of DS, this advertisement banner on top page displays an annoying sound.  At first, I couldn't figure where that sound of taking photos came from, but then when I saw that annoying advert, it clicked that it was from that.  /end of rant.

Lise

Thanks again, purelife. I'll remember this page number (jotting it down).

I know that sound! I usually just refresh the thread so I don't have to hear it.

Speaking of cops, the car's gone from my front yard!! Yaaaaay!! And so how long did it take for it to leave after I complained about it? Exactly ONE week despite the warning on the label that the car will be removed after 72 hours.

It's been three weeks overall since the car was there. No wonder ppl here don't get their cars back soon.

Wonder what happens after the car's been impounded and no one comes to claim it?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

it goes to repo and is auctioned off and ends up at a used car lot. Check the car ads and you'll see repossessed cars aka cars left abandoned on the road, for sale. Usually at a much cheaper price.  

|