So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

that's the coolest bill evar. Now if only we can get rid of the Queen on the 20. But of course the person I'd want to put on it would cause a civil war most likely.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I vote that we put Michel's cute ass on the $20 bill!!!!

I don't want to get rid of the Queen to be honest. She's a part of Canadian's history like or not and I think she should stay there. LONG LIVE ENGLAND!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

you know once she dies the bill will have this ugly mug on it:

There's a case to be made for Queen Victoria and Elizabeth but that's it. Prince Charles isn't a factor in anything Canadian History.

Michel

Another thing I've never figured out. Why are they waiting around for money from Ottawa

Cos in Québec you pay 2 incomes taxes, hence the constant fighting and bitching, plus it's a good way to manipulate the people. Aanything that is not properly done, it is of course the fault of Ottawa. A recipe copied since by every other provinces... lol

Yes, the PQ always played the social-democratic card to gain a larger popular support for it's separatist option. Hence you have 3 groups of people voting for them, the nationalists, the social-democrats and the soft liberal angry against their party after 4 years of crap in power. That's what explain their big scores and less interesting results during referendum, and of course the complex questions asked at these referendum.

According to various surveys, there has never been more than 17 % of Quebecquers would have ever vote yes to a question as clear as Do you want the independance of Québec, yes or no.

This says a lot...  

Michel

I vote that we put Michel's cute ass on the $20 bill!!!!

lol what an honour !

*blushing*

Michel

I propose that we put ordinary people faces on the bills. Every colour, every sex.

Sportsdude

oh yeah its a fact the more vague you are the more likely to get a Oui vote instead of Non. I also find it funny and a bit sad that it takes 60% for British Columbia to go to a more democratic voting system. (last election 58% voted for it all but two ridings were not for it) Yet Quebec can leave at 50.1. lol

I'm still shocked nobody's come up with a social democratic autonomous/stay in Canada party. Solidarity messed up when they decided to go the separation route when forming their own party.

Sportsdude

Michel wrote:
I propose that we put ordinary people faces on the bills. Every colour, every sex.

Hmm A People's bill. Not a bad idea. Sort of like this BC NDP picture I have on my wall.

Can't find the orginal one. Its bigger but something like that would be cool. The Multi-culturalism bill.

Michel

that's the coolest bill evar. Now if only we can get rid of the Queen on the 20. But of course the person I'd want to put on it would cause a civil war most likely.

The beginning of the hockey sweater is reproduced on the 5$ bill in French and English.

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0mm 0mm 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #231f20; FONT-FAMILY: Times"][FONT size=4]The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. We lived in three places

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0mm 0mm 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #231f20; FONT-FAMILY: Times"][FONT size=4]— the school, the church and the skating-rink — but our real life was on the skating-rink.[/FONT][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0mm 0mm 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #231f20; FONT-FAMILY: Times"][FONT size=4][/FONT][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0mm 0mm 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #231f20; FONT-FAMILY: Times"][FONT size=4]If you ever get the chance to read that, give it a try, it's really cute.[/NOBR][/FONT][/SPAN]

[SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #231f20; FONT-FAMILY: Times; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"] [DIV style="LEFT: 189px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 4730px"][NOBR]skating-rink[/SPAN][/NOBR][/DIV][/NOBR][?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/SPAN] [FONT size=4][/FONT]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0mm 0mm 0pt"][FONT size=4][/FONT][SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #231f20; FONT-FAMILY: Times"]

[DIV style="LEFT: 189px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 4708px"][NOBR]— the school, the church and the skating-rink — but our real life was on the [/NOBR][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #231f20; FONT-FAMILY: Times; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"] [DIV style="LEFT: 189px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 4730px"][NOBR]skating-rink[/SPAN][/NOBR]

Michel

oups sorry for the bad cut and paste. anyway, gotta go 1 Freedom ! yeah !

Lise

I would like my face and boobs on the $1,00,000,000 bill, please!!!

What a hot day. Had trouble sleeping last night. Dog was panting in the room. Kept waking me up. Eventually I got up, dunked the poor fellow in water to try and cool him down. All this at 2am in the morning.

BBQ dinner yesterday was awesome. Everything turned out wonderful. We ate and ate and ate till we literally burst. Mmm.... wondering when's our next BBQ. I should add a whole cow next time.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol Lise I hope I never see a million dollar bill in my life, that's not a good sign about inflation then. lol
Dunked the dog in water? LOL

Lise

Yeah. I filled the basin with water and placed the mutt in it for about 5 mins, wetting his body. Dogs sweat through their paws... in order to cool one's dog, you have to put him in water for a bit. He seemed fine afterwards.

Wonder how a cat sweat? Do they sweat at all? They always seemed cool as cucumber.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I have never seen a cat sweat. I usually just give the dog some water. Panting is a dogs cooling mechanism.  

Lise

It's true but sometimes it helps to cool their paws. Besides they love the water. Gives them a good excuse to go dunking in there. Sheesh. It's gonna be hot today. I can feel it already.

What day are you leaving, SD? Next week, right?
Bill Cosby.

|