Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Lil Me wrote:
 purelife wrote:
Yes.  Fedex?
 --

Oh, I like the hunky courier guys.  Let's add one to the menage.
 [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Ok, in that case, let's add the water bottle guy. And Lil Me, fake a faint and we'll add the paramedics. ;)

Shoot, gotta go.  Time to sleep. :))  Night everyone

Sportsdude

night pl. Sounds like your having a blast going through old stuff lil me.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Morning everyone!  What are everyone's plans for the weekends?

P.C.

Good morning purelife !

Nothing very exciting going on around here this weekend.  *cry*

Hubby is bringing home some scaffolding today so we can finally finish painting the peak of the house.  (my knees are jittering already)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Howdy PC. :)))

I don't know if shin pads would work but might be worth the investment to protect your knees, PC.    

P.C.

I won't be on my knees.....they'll just be shaking.  It's VERY high.  We've left this for a few weeks, hoping we could combine the task with getting the roof done.....but the roofers aren't going to get out here until the end of August.  I'm not very good with heights.

purelife

Sorry, I misunderstood.

P.C.

What's on your agenda for the weekend?  

purelife

Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner.  I had to head out to get some fruit salad.

As to your question, I have no exciting plans either.  I'd like to watch Ocean's 13 if that is possible.  I'll probably go swimming or head to the beach.

Lise

Greetings most wonderous people!

I love today. It isn't hot and the kids aren't cranky. More importantly, I'm not cranky!! Yayy! How is everyone today?

Lunch in a few minutes. I'm just about to finish my chicken stew on the stove. Smells divine with potatoes and chicken pieces. I'm sure both kids will love it. As for me, I'm so tired of chicken but it's the only thing the kiddies will eat. Man..... what I'd do for a lovely steak. Russ, Russ wherefor art thou??

Hope you guys have a good weekend if I don't check in.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Happy Friday the 13th Lise.  

We're in the midst of a full out thunderstorm here.  It's getting mighty close....I think I may shut the computer down for a bit.....just in case.

Chicken stew is one of my faves.  Yummmmy!

Russ

Afternoon Miss PC, Lise, PL, and Mr PC.

Thunderstorm? Over here Its sunny with annoying birds squaking.. I wish I had some CO2 for my bb gun.

Painting the peak with scaffolding? A long ladder or extensions on a paint roller wont do? How high is your roof?

Whatchya doing to your roof? Shingles, porcelain tiles, metal roofing? <I recommend metal.. we did and love it>

You dont want to know Lise.. I just had a teriyaki seasoned steak that my brother had leftover from his bbqing dinner last night, not as good as mine of course ;);)        
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

A long ladder or extensions on a roller won't work unfortunatley.  The peak is 3 stories.....but the problem is the cedar is really rough hewn....so you have to do some serious 'mashing in' with the paint brush to get into the overlap and the grain.

We're going metal for the roof.   I'd love to go cedar shakes, but it's just not practical for the amount of crap that continually comes out of the trees.  So metal it is.  [/DIV]

Russ

P.C. wrote:
  A long ladder or extensions on a roller won't work unfortunatley.  The peak is 3 stories.....but the problem is the cedar is really rough hewn....so you have to do some serious 'mashing in' with the paint brush to get into the overlap and the grain.

We're going metal for the roof.   I'd love to go cedar shakes, but it's just not practical for the amount of crap that continually comes out of the trees.  So metal it is.  [/DIV][/DIV]
 I think you are doing a good choice with the metal roofing. I just use my pressure washer once every few months to clean the roof.. even then i dont always need to, everything runs off. Are you having the old roof removed or just leaving it on and putting the metal on top? We left ours on for more sound insultaion.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Good afternoon.  

Shanghai beef teriyaki noodle for lunch and some cheesecake for dessert. :))    

|