The 'Good Morning' and such Thread

Started by Chicklet, May 23 06 09:41

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Hey ladies, how's the morning going?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Chicklet

SD!!!!!  Things are just okay.  And you?
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Lise

Hey Mr. SD. Who's the man-avantar?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

could be better, tired of news.  

Sportsdude

Gordon Lightfoot - Canada's version of Bob Dylan.

Lise

But of course. Wow. You know Gordon? I never heard of him till I came here. *meep*

Media's blowing the terrorist act in Ontario. You can't get anywhere but hear about our 'home-grown terrorist'. Sigh. Perhaps a sign of things to come??
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I think there is a lot of sensationalism going on considering there had been 12 raids in the past 2 years and nobody ever heard of anything.  And just by going to the canadian media sites you can tell who's trying to push the sensationalism 'run for your life mentality' and who isn't.

CTV and Globe and Mail are doing that.

The Star isn't.

CBC isn't.

And I don't check the CanWest papers but I can garuntee they are pushing wall to wall coverage because of there political leanings.

Its gotten so bad at CTV.ca that I've boycotted it for the time being.

P.C.

Poor Lise Jr.  It's always tough seeing the little munchkins sick, Lise.  

Howdy Sportsdude !!!!!  Haven't had much of a chat with you in a long time......how is every little thing with you ?

No big plans for me this weekend Chicklet.....maybe a start on ripping my deck up.  We'll see.  How about you ?  How is the 'cedar tree' garden coming along ?  Have you had much chance to get at it ?  Spring is flying by too quickly and I find I haven't been taking the time to smell the roses.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c015.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Oh I don't know listen to some music finish this class I am taking (plans for weekend).  Kind of been having a down week but atleast I don't work for another week.

Chicklet

Oh P.C.  The shade garden has not progressed except in my head.  With my four weeks off I will strive to accomplish something.  Hope you enjoy the weekend, it's going to be a sunny one.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Lise

Listening to the news is depressing these days. I hope the case will come to a close soon. I can't help but feel that if we get the troops out of Afghanistan, this wouldn't be happening. Ah well.  A new chapter to add to Canadian history.

I know what you guys mean about the garden. Geez. I have so much work ahead of me and it seems like the weeds are winning. Hell... I can't even spray my garden this year because I'm pregnant.

I need to pull two plum trees from my yard. Don't know what to replace them with? Any ideas?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

What kind of Plum trees were they?

Chicklet

Are they big trees Lise?  What kind of sun exposure do they get?
 Tenkani or Gopher are the ones you really want to ask but I'll give my two cents if you want.

Lise

European plum trees. They're growing like crazy. It seems everytime I trim them back, they sprout new branches the following week. Can't keep up with them.

Not in a sunny spot too but they're side by side. Have thorns on the trunks which I hate. I want a plant that's evergreen in the winter months but can flower in the spring or summer.

Maybe I'll ask tenkani and Gopher next time.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Well I guess I can't help you considering the only trees around here (midwest) are oak trees and dogwoods.

|