The 'Good Morning' and such Thread

Started by Chicklet, May 23 06 09:41

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

BOO!!!

How's everyone this boootiful  morning?!?!?!

Just mowed the lawn yesterday. Yes. Me.... pregnant and mowing the lawn. I have the POWER! Hubby had a bad back, NOBODY wants to do the job.... I guess with the booming house market, there's no lawnmower guys to be hired. Sucky.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Chicklet

Hiya Lise!  Nice to see you.  I was going to ask you how you were feeling but if you're mowing the lawn then I'm sure you're doing okay.  Any 'morning' sickness?
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Lise

Heya Lady Chicklet!

No, no morning sickness. Not really. Been fine except maybe for the 1st trimester. A bit of morning sickness but unable to vomit. That's a bad feeling to have all day long.

I've been fine. Going into my 6th month and have a little bump to show for all. * heh *

Unable to eat all the goodies. Have just been dignosed with gestational diabetes. Horrah. (sarcasm) Now I can't eat sweets, candies and plain carbs (noodles, pasta and rice!).... ah well.

How about you? Anything new on the home front?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Chicklet

Oh Lise.  I'm sorry to hear that.  You be sure to take care of yourself.  Did you have the diabetes with your first?

Not too much is new.  I am looking forward to 4 weeks off coming up and our powder room is almost finished.  It has taken months.  I was watching that Extreme Make Over- Home Edition and was quite bummed that it takes them a week to build an entire house and us 3 months to finish a powder room.   Bah!
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Lise

Oh Lise.  I'm sorry to hear that.  You be sure to take care of yourself.  Did you have the diabetes with your first?

Yep. Unfortunately with gestational diabetes, if you have one with the first, the chances of getting it again with the second is the same. So no big surprise there.

I just have to watch my diet (hah! try saying that to someone who's mind is constantly on food) and do a lot of exercise. It's ok because overall, I do feel better and healthier. I get to go out, enjoy my walks and get a variety of food. It' amazing how much calories are out there - we take food for granted all the time so when you're hit with something like this, it makes you wonder about the things we consume without a second thought.

Not too much is new.  I am looking forward to 4 weeks off coming up and our powder room is almost finished.  It has taken months.  I was watching that Extreme Make Over- Home Edition and was quite bummed that it takes them a week to build an entire house and us 3 months to finish a powder room.  Bah!

Oh how nice. I wish I had the time and funds to do up our house. Most of what we have go into the kids. Your place must really look nice by now.

That's the thing with Extreme Make-Over though. They have like a thousand and one crew who would do the work 24 hours, non-stop. You can accomplished many things if you had that.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Lise, are you here?
Chicklet, are you here?

Happy Tuesday!!!!

Lise, so good to see you around again!!
Sorry about the diabetes thing.
So you've told us what you CAN'T eat, what CAN you eat??

Lunch plans?

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Chicklet

Tenkani!!!!  You can't talk about lunch in here.  Geez, some people.  ;)

tenkani

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

kitten

Lise wrote:
Unable to eat all the goodies. Have just been dignosed with gestational diabetes. Horrah. (sarcasm) Now I can't eat sweets, candies and plain carbs (noodles, pasta and rice!).... ah well.

Lise, if you check the drug stores there are lots of sweets for diabetics, including chocolate bars.  You don't have to give them up, just change the type of candy.  I look after a diabetic and have to check labels carefully.  If you bake, Sugar Twin is good and measures the same as sugar.

Good Luck, and happy pregnancy.

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Sure.  They go together like cats and witches.

Gopher

I was more thinking on the lines of twins and pregnancies.

kitten

As in.....double your pleasure????

Gopher

Lise

Hi all,

Sorry had to spring away for a tad. When you have a toddler that demands attention, you gotta shut down and go.

I hear you.... diabetic sugars. For some reason, they're a heck lot sweeter than I can stomach. I don't understand why they're made sweeter than normal sugar.

Besides I'm trying to stay away from artificial sweetner. Aspartame and what have you not is not very good for pregnant women. At least that's what I heard. Just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for all the helpful tips.
Bill Cosby.

|