Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Verily it was made for the lords and ladies of creation.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I enjoy meeting friendly people on DS.  There are a lot of decent and intelligent posters here.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Of which you are certainly one of the prime examples.      

kitten

A very good morning to you, Gopher.  Your message made getting up far too early worthwhile.  I love the Garfield!  You are a kind and intelligent man and I thank you.

Gopher

I would say that flattery will get you anywhere, but as you know - it already has.

kitten

You are a shining example of gallantry at its finest!

How is everything at work?  Or is this one of your days off?

Gopher

I'm off tomorrow. Today has so far bee excellent. Lots to do, but nothing difficult - the sport of stuff that makes the time go at once rapidly and enjoyably i.e. challenging in a minor sense of the word. We're having superb weather at the moment, somewhere around the low to mid seventies - this helps everything. Ihope the sun's shining on you too.

kitten

That sort of work day is wonderful.  They don't come often enough to suit me.  I'm sure the sun is shining on me, but the clouds are obscuring it for the time being.  It will be even more obscure once the rain starts.

Gopher

Rain? We're currently on our seventh day without a drop of it - a fairly rare occurence I can assure you as we usually get soaked to the skin in June.

kitten

It sounds beautiful there.  But I believe they have been forecasting a hot, dry summer.  Do you live/work in a high fire hazard area?

Gopher

No trees in this area, alas. And in any case dry weather is always something of a rarity and so there's always very little risk of fire.

kitten

In that case I am very glad for you that the weather is so good right now.  Hope it holds up for your days off so you can get in a little sunbathing or gardening.

Gopher

So do I. I think I can afford a day off from the garden as although I think it looks a mess, two people said how good it looked (passers by never notice the weeds). My plan is simple to be idle.

kitten

Laziness is very rejuvenating.  A good long loll is the best thing for removing the stresses of the day.

Gopher

I couldn't agree more, after all most of our lives we are too busy to enjoy what's around us. These spaces of phsyical inactivity nourish the soul.

|