Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I'm not fond of number puzzles.  I have a bad tendency to reverse numbers when I write them down, for some mysterious reason.  Possibly an allergy to math???  But yes, I do enjoy crosswords, and doing them in ink increases the challenge and fun.  

Reading your woes with the other staff at work brings up that old saw, "It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with turkeys".  It takes a lot of enjoyment out of the job when you have to cover for other people's mistakes.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Yes, but on the other hand you can indulge in a little pride in knowing that you NEVER make any mistakes at all!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Oh, but I do.  Writing in ink makes me think harder before entering the solution, and hard thinking is always a good idea.  Now if I could adapt that philosophy to the rest of my life..............

Gopher

I'm not all that sure that hard thinking is always a good idea, sometimes we (i.e. I) can spend so much time thinking about something that by the time  (we've) I've reached what (we) I believe to be the right conclusion it's no longer germain to the situation under review.

Writing in ink? The free-flowing kind?  

kitten

Not the free-flowing kind!  The paper would absorb it like a sponge.  Sometimes one can think too long about something and find themselves indulging in circular thinking.  It's too easy to over-analyze to the point of futility.

Gopher

Agreed. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that thinking about almost anything at all is a waste of time. When I look back on my life, and think how I've agonised over decsion making, it all seems futile because I've always found that whatever decision I've made has been the right one.

Sportsdude

I try not to look back and say what if, its not good for you. Instead I've become who I am do to the choices I've made and I'm better for it.  I just choose long off goals and somehow try to reach them if not, oh well.  Because 2 years ago I wasn't thinking about Seattle, hadn't even heard of this college and Vancouver? Nope. Not even Canada was on my global satelite picture.  I kind take things as they go, which can be either good or bad depending on the situation but in the end it usually turns out good and I learn something from it.  We need to stop agonising about the past and think about the future whether it be years, months or days.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I've made bad decisions before, and wasted time regretting them.  Usually it was when I chose to trust someone and it backfired.  Now I think of the phrase, "Neither a borrower nor a lender be"  and  I am a lot more careful.  *and cynical!*  It has cut down on my circle of friends, but I've also learned who my friends are.

Sportsdude

And boy have I made some really bad just plain stupid decisions in the past 2 years.  But the great thing is that was able to laugh about them yesterday and not feel guilty about them.  (kinda went through a mini rebelious stage, lets just say it envolved 30hrs of community service )  best ymca janitor the Y had ever seen.  I was so good they asked why a person like me would end up in community service.  Actually became friends with a lot of people there (couldn't stand the smoking thou, lifegard girls would always come in and ask for a lighter and I'd look at them dumbfounded).  Ah growing up.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

It's all about turning disasters into triumphs, isn't it?

kitten

Where possible.  Sometimes they just remain disasters!  Or so I've found.

Gopher

I don't think that's something I've ever found - unless, of course, I've been manoeuvred into doing something which I basically knew wasn't for me .

kitten

That was my problem.  I wanted to believe in the basic goodness of people.  I was so naive in those days.

Gopher

I STILL believe in the basic goodness of ALL people. Those I didn't like on DV were no doubt just trying to convince themselves that they were clever by attempting to annoy us. Alas they succeeded in the latter, although no doubt they're still very far from being clever. On the other hand, DS seems to have all the sorts of people that I would wish to meet in my daily life.

kitten

Agreed.  This is a good place.

|