Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

The Phantom Of The Opera - Gaston Leroux    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Black Wind- Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Sandstorm - James Rollins

Hm, I haven't read a Clive Cussler book yet.  My guy has his books.  One of his fav authors.

Sportsdude

i need to read more.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

me too, takes a lot of time.

Michel

Actually I should have said "need to read more from cover to cover".

JJ

Eldest -  Christopher Paolini

(It's my kid's book, but it's good)

purelife

Is that the sequel to Eragon or prequel?  Have you read Eragon JJ?

JJ

purelife wrote:
 Is that the sequel to Eragon or prequel?  Have you read Eragon JJ? It' the sequel to Eragon, and there is going to be a third book to complete the trilogy.  Yes, I read Eragon, I thought it was very good. Did you know that the author was a teenager when he wrote Eragon?

Lise

Meh. I read Eragorn. It was... ok. It hasn't wowed me completely yet and I'm still debating whether to read the second book.

I've FINALLY (!!!) completed the Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan. Onto the fifth book now, The Flames of Tar Varlon???
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

The Godfather's Revenge by Mark Winegardner

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I couldn't get into the Eragon book as well.  I heard that the movie sucked.

JJ

purelife wrote:
 I couldn't get into the Eragon book as well.  I heard that the movie sucked.[/DIV]
 You have to remember that the book is for juveniles so has a simple plot.  I haven't see the movie as I always read the book first but I can't see that it would transfer into a good movie.

JJ

Gopher wrote:
 The Phantom Of The Opera - Gaston Leroux

I finished this book in July . I didn't enjoy it because  I'd seen the musical.   I wish I'd known there was a book before I we went to the musical it would have been more enjoyable to read the book first!

Lise

Yep. The movie sucked. The book is better then again, it's written by a tween so it's not too difficult to stomach the language. The kid's got potential though... I'm sure in later years he'll develop more writing ability which will put him up there with Piers Anthony, Robert Jordan and Anne McCaffrey.

My book's been better than so far. Good stuff.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|