Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Just finished Running With Scissors- Augusten Burroughs
 a funny and disturbing memoir

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I am currently reading the installation instructions for 2 new wall sconces.  It's a really well thought out plot....as it carries you through exciting twists and turns trying to decipher the translation glitches.  A story of pure mystery and intrigue where the author plays with his reader to the end.  A must read.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

sounds like a new york times best seller!  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I can't wait to find out how it ends and the mystery is solved, P.C.!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I'll be sure to share it with you all.....I always like to pass on a good read.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c028.gif" border=0]

Russ

Im currently reading parts interchangability for chevy 350 cu in small block motors.. Im thinking about rebuilding my motor again. The horsepower to gas ratio currently doesnt impress me.. so I think Im going to attempt again, and put the motor in the boat this time. Put the boat motor into the Truck.. I gots me a book on building up Marine Motors for Mercruiser legs as well.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

That also sounds like a great read, Russ.  I'm thinking I should take out my Toyota manual and read it more thoroughly.  I could be missing something.  It looks like manuals are the "in" thing to read.

P.C.

Could we be missing out on some REALLY good reading out there Russ? [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

(I hate that I haven't made the time to read a good book for the last few MONTHS)  

Sportsdude

I'm still working on my vancouver urban planning book. (600 pages of how to build more yaletown's and false creeks)
Can't wait for the last harry potter book.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I haven't been able to concentrate on reading lately.  I hate to start a book unless I can finish it in one sitting, but I've either been too busy or too tired to manage it.

P.C.

I go on spurts too Kitten.....although I never finish a book in one sitting.  I only read after I crawl in bed.  If I did otherwise, I'd never get anything done.

(have you read the Poisonwood Bible Kitten?....I'm thinking you might like that.)

Gopher

P.C. wrote:
 I go on spurts too Kitten.....although I never finish a book in one sitting.  I only read after I crawl in bed.  If I did otherwise, I'd never get anything done.

(have you read the Poisonwood Bible Kitten?....I'm thinking you might like that.)[/DIV]..................
 The Poisonwood Bible is in this very room but I've not yet read it.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I haven't read the Poisonwood Bible yet.  Come to think of it, I hadn't even heard about it .  I'll have to look for it at the library.  Thanks for the tip.

Russ

I havent heard of the 'poisonwood bible' either kitten.. if you dont think your toyota manual is a good enough read for you, I can lend you a few others to read through.. I mean, you never know if you are going to drive a 66 dodge charger or a '70 dodge challenger. Could be prepared then for it!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

I had a Mazda manual before, but I fell asleep half way through it.  The ending was too predictable.

|