The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Hi, Sportsdude, how's it going with you?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Kitten, you can put your feet up here anytime.  

Hey sportsdude....how's it going ???  Dodging any storms lately????

A lady came into where I work yesterday, and brought me a most lovely bottle of wine.  It's a Chardonnay, that I believe she said was made with peaches.  Haven't tried it yet, but it sound like it might be yummy.  I make a dish called Chicken with Peaches and Cream, that is delish.....I think it might be perfect with that.  Sounds like I've got Sundays' dinner menu figured.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

fine. Just really tired, exhausted, bored, tired. Want to sleep but body won't let me.  Never really woke up today.  Was up for almost 20hrs from 1 pm yesterday till about 8.30am today. Woke up at 4.30 pm. Still tired.  Then I get yelled at because qoute "You didn't work all day".  

Sportsdude

Storms? No. The storm time is basically over, I guess now its bring on the 100 degree weather with no wind and 100% humidity to which gets so hot and muggy that you can see the air.  Living down here in the summer is like a sauna with steam or just a really hot shower room with steam covered everywhere to the point you can't breathe. I hate it.  Spend 5 mins outside and I'm already got a sweat mustache. Where sweat just builds up.  Its unbearable.

P.C.

Awwwww, sorry to hear that sportsdude.  Sleep deprivation is a nasty feeling.  I generally sleep pretty well, but every once in a while, it's a battle, and it's enough to drive you nuts.  You know, I read a little about sleep patterns once, and one of the most interesting things I learned was the the direction of your bed can greatly affect your sleep.  I believe this to be true, when I found myself waking up'sideways' across the bed after a restless nights sleep.  I had rearranged the furniture, and it took a while to make the connection, but as soon as I put it back, all was right with the world.  There are some links to the lunar 'pull' also.  Just some thoughts.  

kitten

I can't handle heat like that  About 72F. is perfect.  Anything more is just too much of a good thing.  

Sportsdude

72 with what humidity. 72f here means humidity in the 90's which makes it feel like it is in the 90's.  But when it gets in the 90's here it feels like you're swimming in sweat and air. Its a cess pool.

kitten

I live fairly near the water so there is usually a lot of humidity.  But sitting on the porch under an umbrella and relaxing is a lovely way to spend a couple of hours.  When you are working hard it suddenly seems a whole lot hotter, for some reason.

Sportsdude

you live by the river then?

P.C.

Humidity is the biggest energy sucker of all.  I like being warm and comfy, but humidity drains me.

kitten

Not exactly by the river, but just up the hill from it a few blocks.  And where I work is just two blocks from the river on a steep hill.  You can look across the river and see North Vancouver and Deep Cove.  It's a beautiful view, when there is time to look at it.  

Sportsdude

I know what you are talking about I have google earth.

kitten

I agree about the humidity.  My job is indoors, and the place is like an oven.  Summertime can be dreadful, especially when my patient doesn't want the window open too much because she might get a chill!  

kitten

I hate to leave, but I need some sleep.  Today was exhausting, and tomorrow isn't likely to be much better.  So goodnight, P.C. and Sportsdude.  I'll be back early in the morning.

|