The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I'm thinking it might be an idea to keep a clear head.

Hubby puts up the Christmas lights....(which stay there all year now), he's done it twice, and he said he's never going up there again.....lol   It IS wicked...I don't blame him.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Oh BTW, Kitten.  I watched that dance that you wrote about.  It was amazing.  It was like art !!!!

kitten

What you really need is a very long-handled paint brush that will reach the top without your feet ever leaving the ground.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

so what's going on for the evening?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

rofl....NOW yer talking Kitten.

The cedar siding is very rough hewn wood, so it requires some serious 'mushing in' with the brush.....I don't think a 30 foot handle is going to cut it.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c040.gif" border=0]  

kitten

So put the handle on the "mush brush" and go to it.  Do you think a 30' handle would do it?

P.C.

OMG....I'm still laughing.

Not AT you of course......just the visual.

Sportsdude

I've got this 30ft painting brush. They're about the size of a pole vault.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

See?  Now that's more like it!

P.C.

Does it attach to a roller?  or a paint brush.  I'm thinking you would have next to NO control over a brush, with even a 10 foot handle.

kitten

One question, P.C.  Why not a spray gun instead of a brush?  Not enough force to drive it into the wood?

P.C.

That's probably not a bad option Kitten.  But the masking involved is horrendous......and I hate masking....lol

The wood is really sucking up the paint.....not to mention, it all has had to have a good rub with a stiff brush to remove cobwebs and 'forest debris'.  It's really LONG overdue for this TLC, and I really don't mind doing it.  (since Mr. Sawdust built his new shop, I painted it all nice and purdy)....and it made the sad state of the house  really stand out and slap me in the face, that it wanted some nice paint too.

P.C.

....oh yeah.....and there's trim too.  So a spray probably wouldn't work too well with that.

kitten

You mean you don't like a monochrome house?

kitten

P.C. wrote:
 Oh BTW, Kitten.  I watched that dance that you wrote about.  It was amazing.  It was like art !!!![/DIV]
 It was amazing, wasn't it.  Glad you had a chance to see it.

|