The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

It occurs to me that the paint store will be blessing you forever for shopping there.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Schadenfreude

When we lived in S'toon, we had our house painted by College Pro painters. 4 student painters took two weeks.

The neighbour hired some guy that worked alone. He used a sprayer. It took him one week and did a nicer job. No drips.

You mask the glass, spray like mad. Remove the masking and cut in the trim with a different colour.

Fast and easy.  
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

So the bottom line is, you still have to go up there on a ladder or scaffold to mask and trim.....no?

Well I'm doing this by myself, and I should be done in about a week.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Damn, you're good!!!

P.C.

Either that, or I'm underestimating how long it's going to take......lol (like I do with everything else)

Schadenfreude

"Honey, you missed a spot."

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

kitten

Nah, you're good.  I wouldn't even get up there.  

kitten

LOL. Schadenfreud!

P.C.

lol Schade.  

I have to confess.....hubby has done a heap-o-stuff this week too......so much for his week off for some R & R.

Sportsdude

It attaches to a roller.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Doing something different can be relaxing for the mind, if not the body.  

P.C.

That's what I thought SD.  It wouldn't work for this application at all....but thanks for the thought.

It is indeed Kitten.  He's not much of a yard guy, but he was all over the HUGE piles of winter crap I'd raked up (plus all the debris from having a huge tree cut down), and removed them all for me.  He took 10 truckloads out out here.  I usually dump it up on the back of the property, but I was dreading the lug up there with about 100 wheelbarrow loads.  I was so grateful.  

kitten

I gather there was a lot of damage to your "forest".  Were there many trees downed in the storms?

Sportsdude

best not to disturb the ewoks.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Amazingly enough, we didn't lose a one....but a lot of huge snags and just general forest mess.  We had this one cut down, as it was unhealthy and a danger to the house.  Hemlocks come down like a lightning bolt, and it had a natural lean toward the house.....the master bedroom to be exact.  Yipes.  

|