The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Schadenfreude

There's a good wifey.  
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Schadenfreude

Bring the beer. We're going home.
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Sportsdude

how tall are the trees? How wide is the trunk?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Horrible to think of a tree coming right at your bedroom.  It happened to me in 1964 during Hurricane Frieda.  A tall tree came down between my place and the neighbour's.  It just scraped my window, but it knocked their window right through and tore some of the ceiling with the branches.  Scary.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Schadenfreude

Sportsdude wrote:
how tall are the trees? How wide is the trunk?

When you say trunk, do you mean badonkadonk?

Schadenfreude

Imagine the lumber you could load in that trunk...

Sportsdude

lol
no I'm talking about trees that you can't put your arms around because they're so big.

P.C.

OMG, Kitten....that must have been terrifying !!!!    Did you have trouble sleeping there after that?

We've only lost about 3 trees 'naturally' since we've been here.  Not bad.

SD....the tree we had removed was large.....but not as big as most here.  It was about 90 feet tall.  I had him cut it off to leave the stump at table height.....(I will put a table top on it for a planters table)....and the root rot was up about 10 to 12 feet.  It was an accident waiting to happen.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Holy Moly.....I just had a severe nod.  I think it's bed time for me.

Have a lovely evening everyone.  (don't forget to turn out the lights, and snuff the candles please.)

Schadenfreude

Sportsdude wrote:
lol
no I'm talking about trees that you can't put your arms around because they're so big.

That could still mean what I'm talking about.

Let's see you get your arms around that.

[img id=img style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid" alt="TinyPic image" src="http://i15.tinypic.com/5xr2n3r.jpg" border=0]  

kitten

No, not really.  That was the only one near the house so it wasn't likely to happen again.  But we were without power for three days, so the fan wouldn't work on the wood stove.  No hot food for almost four days, and worst of all, no coffee!  It was quite cold too.  

kitten

I'm off to bed now as well.    Sleep deeply and wake fully rested.

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a194.gif" border=0].....g'night.

Sportsdude

good night to both of you as well!
I'm off to read a book on urban planning. yea!

P.C.

Hi Kitten.....just came in for a break.  Scarfed a piece of banana bread for energy.  The second floor is slow going.  There is a board running down the center of each piece of siding....to make it look like shiplap I guess....but it just means more corners to me.  Grrrrr

Are you working today?  

|