The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

lol shouldn't they be in Calgary?

Miss typed my answer as usual. I meant after wearing glasses for a period of time, my eye sight seems to be getting worse (when I don't have them on or even when I have them on).  conspiracy

I used to see further away a couple months ago, now its only 10ft before things get raised looking.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I'm trying to figure out how to compare two Excel spreadsheets for reconciliation. :P

P.C.

Michel....don't make me come over there.

SD....I understood exactly what you were trying to say....and I agreed.  And upon your clarification, I still agree.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/a070.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

I'm trying to figure out how to compare two Excel spreadsheets for reconciliation. :P

SD and I are no help, because we can't see.  And Michel is no help if there are colours on it, because HE can't see.  Gopher can't help, because he is confused by the alphabet.  Orik can't help, because he can't tell if there is a pot under his egg.  It's looking like you should ask Lil Me....although she is probably galavanting around on the mountain in a pair of skis.  

49er

[TABLE class=OTbl cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"] [TBODY] [TR] [TD class=cdOTATtl width="100%"]Compare workbooks side by side [/TD] [TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 12px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"][/TD] [TR] [TD class=ACB style="PADDING-RIGHT: 12px; PADDING-LEFT: 12px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px" width="100%" colSpan=3][!-- defs in --] [DIV id=divShowAll style="DISPLAY: block" align=right][A class=DropDown href="jvascript:AlterAllDivs('block');"][img id=picHeader alt="Show All" src="http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA790050001033" border=0]Show All[/A]

[DIV id=divHideAll style="DISPLAY: none" align=right][A class=DropDown href="jvascript:AlterAllDivs('none');"][img id=hide alt="Hide All" src="http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA790050011033" border=0]Hide All[/A]

[OL] [LI]Open the workbooks you want to compare side by side.  [LI]On the [B class=ui]Window[/B] menu, click [B class=ui]Compare Side by Side with[/B].  [LI]On the [B class=ui]Compare Side by Side[/B] [A class=glossary href="jvascript:AppendPopup(this,'IDH_oftipToolbar_1')"]toolbar[SPAN class=AsstInlineDefText][SPAN class=ACICollapsed id=divInlineDef_IDH_oftipToolbar_1] (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click [B class=bterm]Customize[/B] on the [B class=bterm]Tools[/B] menu, and then click the [B class=bterm]Toolbars[/B] tab.)[/SPAN][/SPAN][/A], do any of the following:  [UL] [LI]If you want to scroll through the workbooks at the same time, click [B class=ui]Synchronous Scrolling[/B] [img alt="Synchronous Scrolling" src="http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA010404891033" border=0].  [LI]If you want to reset the workbook windows to the positions they were in when you first started comparing workbooks, click [B class=ui]Reset Window Position[/B] [img alt="Reset Window Position" src="http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA010404901033" border=0].[/LI][/UL] [LI]Click [B class=ui]Close Side by Side[/B] to stop comparing workbooks.[/LI][/OL] Note  If you open two workbooks, the command on the [B class=ui]Window[/B] menu will include the filename of one of those workbooks. For example, you open "workbook1.xls" and "workbook2.xls". While viewing "workbook1.xls", the [B class=ui]Window[/B] menu shows the command as [B class=ui]Compare Side by Side with workbook2.xls[/B].

[A class=DropDown href="jvascript:ToggleDiv('divExpCollAsst_1')"][img id=divExpCollAsst_1_img alt=Show src="http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA790050001033" border=0]Tip[/A]

[SPAN class=ACECollapsed id=divExpCollAsst_1 border="0"]If you've closed the [B class=ui]Compare Side by Side[/B] toolbar but you want to show it again, click [B class=ui]Customize[/B] on the [B class=ui]Tools[/B] menu, click the [B class=ui]Toolbars[/B] tab, and then select [B class=ui]Compare Side by Side[/B] in the [B class=ui]Toolbars[/B] list. [/SPAN][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

P.C.

[img onclick="selecte('blush.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/blush.gif" border=0]

I was going to say that.

purelife

Sorry, I should've been more specific.  

I have data in one workbook and need to reconcile with data in another workbook.  I was on Excel help and I found the compare two lists of data. [A href="http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011039151033.aspx"]http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011039151033.aspx[/A]

Basically, I need to know if the information from s/sht #2 matches information on s/sht #1 and where the descrepancies are.

ADD:  I hope that I have the correct HELP from Excel because I'll be taking this home to figure this out.  I have about 3000 records to reconcile and I know already just by looking at the other spreadsheet, that I'm already missing lots of info.  

Lil Me

Cool.  I usually print both sheets and go over them with a highlighter and a ruler until my eyes glaze over.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

P.C. wrote:
 [div][em]I'm trying to figure out how to compare two Excel spreadsheets for reconciliation. :P[/em]

SD and I are no help, because we can't see.  And Michel is no help if there are colours on it, because HE can't see.  Gopher can't help, because he is confused by the alphabet.  Orik can't help, because he can't tell if there is a pot under his egg.  It's looking like you should ask Lil Me....although she is probably glavanting around on the mountain in a pair of skis.   [/div]

I am sure Lil Me is [span style="color: rgb(3, 61, 61); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 64);"]gallivanting [/span]around on the mountains...

as for my accident with the missing pot/frying pan.... i couldn't remember the name of the thing called a frying pan yesterday... that in its self is enough proof, that i should never have gotten out of bed on monday...

my story and i am sticking to it is i was sleep cooking similar to sleep walking & sleep working... when a person should just be sleeping... i plead exhaustion in my own defense...  

i still can't help purelife cause i have never used excel before. I am next to useless when it comes to numbers, proofreading and comparisons..

unless of course when it comes to pointing out pcs spelling mistakes

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

I think my roomie is on a date with a girl, he cooked spare ribs and asked how I cook the rice (I've become the most knowledgeable when it comes to rice now apparently) in his rice cooker. Hmmm hmmmm hmmmmm

Sportsdude

yuppers, they're on a date. cool, hope she stays around I like talking urban planning theory around her (architecture student)  

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

All my friends are girls for the most part. That's who I hang out with, they're kids, they're views on the world amuse me, keeps me young. lol (still self conscious about dressing down in age)

Dating? Not really. Only people I look for are my age and older a bit and that's graduate students, but usually graduate students and some stuck up 4th years have this idea that even though I'm older than them, they'll talk down to me because their rank in school is higher and they think they've got this entitlement to something. It's rather comical.

Well this weekend I started talking to a girl in my caucus, we hit it off, bi-lingual (french/english) girl who travels the world, but she's got a Quebecios bf back in Montreal. so damn, oh well.

Its fun actually watching these girls grow up over the past couple of months. All the 20 year olds are finally realizing that its not cool to act like your still in high school. Although its still hit or miss with me dating wise, girls my age whom I like are all with bf's and committed, 20 and under crowd are obnoxious goofs.  

|