So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Good for you, Lise!  I giggled when I read about the threadmill too.  I lost one pound within a week.  I think it's from the swimming.

I'm making congee for dinner.  I brought a whole cooked chicken from Costco and put the carcass with some white meat in the pot and added some rice and chopped celery.  The rest of the chicken will be for salads and omelets.  

Lil Me

Yum, purelife!  It must have been good.

Had pho for dinner.  Going camping this weekend and out running errands tonight.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Evening Lil Me, P.C. and Michel.

I bet you can't wait to go camping.  Perfect weather for it too.

I think we're going to make a day going to either Deep Cove or UBC or SFU.  There are some nice gardens/parks there.

Michel

Sportsdude

woah, we're already thinking about the weekend? lol

Hmm I've got a women abuse fundraiser, vanoc meeting, and a bunch of other stuff I must get to. lol

I haven't really had food today, not really hungry.

maybe some pirogies later.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

My daughter loves perogies. But then she loves anything with cheese......

Congeeeeeee.....omg. Definitely good in winter. I can't eat too much carbs right now so anything with rice is the enemy. Blasted diet. *munches on a carrot stick*

Oh yeah, we went to Metrotown to see the dinosaurs. My kids absolutely loved it especially the big ass T-Rex. I was quite impressed but feel they could add more dinosaurs.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lise

White sticky rice equals simple carbs therefore bad for you. It's better to go with basmati rice. Congee is made from sticky rice and lots of water. The combination is not very healthy especially if you're diabetic. When I had gestational diabetes, I had a bowl of congee and my sugar level reading was close to 10. Normal range goes from 6 to 7. That's how bad it was.

However, once in a blue moon congee is OK.

[FONT size=6]TGIF.[/FONT]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lise @ Work

Hey, no problemo. Just use less water on normal rice. Basmati rice requires a entirely different method to preparing which I'm not good at --- yet.

OMG. I want Saturday to be here NOW.......  

Michel

Lise @ Work

Ah heck, maybe I should find you a nice Asian girl to cook rice for you.......  

purelife

I use basmati rice for my congee but only half a cup so I think it's ok for the carb portion?

What a day yesterday!!  I had to rush to the hospital yesterday afternoon.  I was experiencing excruciating pain in my lower right abdomen and back.  This pain lasted for almost 12 hours, non-stop.  The doc there thought I had to get my appendix out and THANK GOODNESS that it wasn't that.  After the shot of morphin and gravol, I slept and the pain went away.  After the ultrasound, they found out that I had a right ovarian cyst that was probably leaking fluid which would've caused the extreme pain.  Thank goodness the pain went away because they would've had to do surgery on me which isn't good for baby.  I was praying that I didn't have an appendix problem and I didn't have to stay longer than a night.  I'm just resting now.  I was so freaking scared... :(

Sportsdude

Oh my pl, do take it easy. :)

Yeah sleeping in a hospital is tough to do. Good that your home.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

|