So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise @ Work

Arck.... damn log out time.......

Seven Pounds? Is that with Will Smith? He's such an aweseome actor. I just finished watching Hancock and he was great! The story isn't very good but when you have the great Will Smith, you can't go wrong.

purelife

Heya Lise.  Yup, Will Smith in this movie.  I agree with you about Hancock.  Seven Pounds is by far better though, I think. :)

I hope it rains soon.  

Sportsdude

It does indeed need to rain, this weather is not healthy with the smog. If it wasn't for the faintest sign of some snow on the mountains, you wouldn't be able to define the mountain peaks.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Agreed.  

Are you going back home in the summer, SD?

Sportsdude

end of July, but I've got to pass this final in 26mins or *goes drama king* my life is over!!! nooo the world is saved from my wrath *fainting voice*

Going to Florida, the farm to drink, drive some trucks, go fishing, shoot some cans. Then drive back to Vancouver in early Sept via Winnipeg. So I'll knock out all of the West (Canada and the US minus the Southwest and Coast) except the North.

This girl I know has allusions of going to Yellowknife for kicks, told her maybe next summer. lol

van_guy

This girl I know has allusions of going to Yellowknife for kicks, told her maybe next summer. lol

Have you ever been to YK in the summer?

The bugs will KILL you KILL KILL KILL,  better to go in the spring of the fall.  Unfortunately each season only lasts a few weeks.

If you like fishing - it is truly amazing.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Sportsdude

When does 'fall' begin. Her illusion/allusion (whatever it is, I'm thinking ill at the moment for correct wordage) was to do this in the before school starts in September. She's from Saskatoon, and was like yeah totally lets skip school on the idea of me wanting to see the hinterland. Me, I did the oh noes we don't (miss school), I must go to every class, god forbid with those international tuition fees, I'm not made of money, I drive a Ford etc. lol

She was saying something about a music festival,  but who in their right mind would have a music festival up there? lol. She said she'd bring a friend which if she was typing this post her next word would be "threesome, yeahh." hahaha

Lise

How many more years do you have, SD? I know.... the students always complain about tuition fees and I don't blame them. Most can't wait to get out and start earning so they can pay back. Kinda scary to think how  much it cost me to send the kids to university. Maybe I'll should start buying lottery tickets every week.

We had lunch at the Sage Bistro. It was OK. Butternut squash with some kinda green oil followed by hallibut with risotto and finished with green tea passionfruit cake. The cake was not the best. Sounds fancy but I would have preferred a cup of fruit.

Twas a nice gesture of the Dean to treat us out to lunch as a way to say thank you. Maybe next time there'll be a budget for Paris????
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

purelife

Your lunch sounds delicious, Lise.  It was nice of your Dean to treat everyone.  

I have chilli in the slow cooker and a pot of it without the kidney beans cuz MrPL is allergic to them.  

Any plans for the weekend anyone?  

Lil Me

Errands, gotta go to work for a few hours, then going to a BBQ.

I've been eating butter chicken wraps this week for lunch.

I micro the rice and leftover butter chicken in the morning, wrap in pita bread and put in a plastic container.  Terrific at lunch time!      
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

I just found out that some of the local taquerias serve sting ray ...  you only live once ...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

purelife

Evening everyone!  We visited a friend who gave me a bunch of maternity clothes and we had a yummy dinner.  

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:
How many more years do you have, SD? I know.... the students always complain about tuition fees and I don't blame them. Most can't wait to get out and start earning so they can pay back. Kinda scary to think how  much it cost me to send the kids to university. Maybe I'll should start buying lottery tickets every week.

I've technically got 2 and a half left of undergrad 2-3yrs of graduate, but it'll be 3 because a couple classes I must take only fall in the spring term.

The work immediately after crowd is science/engineering, Arts students know the stuff they're studying is pointless and end up going to graduate school immediately following or go into law.  I have to go to grad school and specialize in something or I'll go nowhere in life and be homeless person.  

This specialization might be rather redundant and a waste of time as well or sheer brilliance, as I haven't decided yet if I'm throwing my life away by specializing in transportation planning. I'm not taking the Gordon Campbell developer route because I just don't wake up in the morning and think of tract of houses but trains and metros.

I'm such a dork, me and my transportation.

Lil Me

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Had a nice day at Rocky Point Park today- fish n chips for lunch.

Was nice to finally get out into the sun!  I've been stuck indoors too much lately.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|