So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Sure thing, SD.

Greek Summer Festival

[P class=eventdate]June 26, 2009–July 5, 2009

Ten-day celebration of Greek food and culture, featuring multicultural entertainment, sale booths, face painting, and daily performances by Greek dance group Ee Reezes. Partial proceeds go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of B.C. and Yukon. More information at [A class=ext title=www.vancouvergreeksummerfest.com/ href="http://www.vancouvergreeksummerfest.com/" target=_blank]www.vancouvergreeksummerfest.com/[/A][SPAN class=ext][/SPAN]

Free admission

[P class=eventvenue style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px"]4541 Boundary

[P class=eventvenue style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px"]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Oh nice! Now that looks like fun, and I it'll probably be Gordo free...  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

You mean you would deprive yourself of something you'd enjoy if he was there ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Yeah, because I don't like Blago from Pt. Grey.

I would go, but only times when I know he wouldn't be there. Thankfully if judging his career as mayor, he can't find East Van on a map so I think I'm good. lol

Creeps me out enough that he stalks this campus living in his condo.

In general its a golden rule of mine is to avoid politicians in public places. I know why they show up to these events, and all of my friends are the political partisan geeks who want to talk to them (both liberals and ndp and conservatives for that matter).  It gets to the point where I know them in person already, I've had my 1hr long chats with them about whatever, they recognize me on the street, but they're not my friends so there's no reason to talk to them to make yourself look good.

Basically I have a life and I don't need to have my picture taken at every event and post it on facebook.

Example:

"No man, I don't care about (insert mla who is standing in the corner) we're at an after party for DOXA at the Vancouver Art Gallery, , I have a life and am going to find a friend and talk about art and films."

and sure enough not 15 seconds later a friend who is a filmmaker taps me on a shoulder whom I didn't see and we talk about the doc we saw and our love for Fassbinder.

for all the political groupies I know who think of themselves greatly, none of them actually know how to contact. lol

P.C.

So...is that a yes, or a no.  [img onclick="selecte('dontgetit.gif');" border=0 alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/dontgetit.gif"]

Sportsdude

lol. I'd go but it could potentially ruin the evening depending on the friend or better yet whomever I run into (hacks have massive gawker skills) . The groupies or hacks on all sides are annoying.

If I went with a friend, they'd go 'oh look such and such lets go and talk to them' - SD annoyed
If its Gordon Campbell- annoyed face not finding his lame socially awkward dancing on stage hilarious

I mean the hacks are quite possible insane (and they're friends mind you) whenever we're at meetings its "i don't like him/her" (because he/she's a conniving egomaniac who happens to be a liberal or something). I'm like "I don't see what's wrong with (insert name) he's a bit of a geek for sure, but that doesn't mean to dislike the person just because he doesn't necessarily agree with you."

P.C.

"I don't see what's wrong with (insert name) he's a bit of a geek for sure, but that doesn't mean to dislike the person just because he doesn't necessarily agree with you."

Unless it's Gordo ?  I'm not following...but then that's nothing new.  

Sportsdude

Twas talking about peers and not elected officials.

I hope Michel is over the swine flu and purelife is doing okay, oh and lil me surviving at work.

loving the rain.

Lise

Good morning everyone. Hope all is doing well. I think I'm coming down with something. My throat is starting to hurt but it's not too bad. Hopefully this flu-like thing will blow over cuz I don't want to be sick during the summer days.

I'm loving my days off. Can't wait till next week for the long weekend. I'm taking some days off so we can head down to Seattle. There's a Couch bag and Nine West shoes with my name on them!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Ah not wearing shoes, one of life's greatest unsung luxuries.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Gopher wrote:
Ah not wearing shoes, one of life's greatest unsung luxuries.  

Not wearing clothes is better. ;)
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
Hi everyone!

Feeling much better and got home last night from being at mom's.  There was a suicide attempt on the bridge and no car could cross it so it created a huge traffic nightmare!  I think the lady didn't end up jumping which was good to hear.  I hope she's ok.

Thanks for the link to the greek festival, Lise.  I remember driving by there before but never got out of the car to enjoy it.  I love greek food and can't wait to check it out.  It's probably better and more entertaining than the two night markets we have right now.  

Have a great weekend everyone.  I'm happy that we had that huge downpour.  

Lise

Yeah, it's nice to have the rain for a change but now I'm ready for more sunshine! Woot!    
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Glad to hear you're feeling better purelife.  I was glad for the rain too.  I wouldn't mind one more day of it and then back to some sunshine.

Sportsdude

cucumber, mushroom, with cheese salad

didn't really eat much today.

Lil Me

Hai everyone!

Been a crazy week here.  No time for DS :(

MrLM returned home midnight Monday.  Heckyl graduated from elementary school.  Had graduation BBQ in the rain.  Last night, met up with friends who were visiting from SF-- planned evening at Rocky Point Park rained out- went bowling and Red Robin instead.

Work today.  Out tonight for mom's bday (only a month late!).  Now packing for last minute trip to Cultus for the weekend.  While rockin out to the MJ tunes.          
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|