So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

P.C.

I use basmati rice for my congee but only half a cup so I think it's ok for the carb portion?

What a day yesterday!!  I had to rush to the hospital yesterday afternoon.  I was experiencing excruciating pain in my lower right abdomen and back.  This pain lasted for almost 12 hours, non-stop.  The doc there thought I had to get my appendix out and THANK GOODNESS that it wasn't that.  After the shot of morphin and gravol, I slept and the pain went away.  After the ultrasound, they found out that I had a right ovarian cyst that was probably leaking fluid which would've caused the extreme pain.  Thank goodness the pain went away because they would've had to do surgery on me which isn't good for baby.  I was praying that I didn't have an appendix problem and I didn't have to stay longer than a night.  I'm just resting now.  I was so freaking scared... :(

Holy CRAP purelife.  How terrifying that must have been !!

I'm SHOCKED that they would give morphine to a pregnant woman.  Is this normal ????
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

OMG. I'm so shocked at what happened to you, PL!! Thank goodness you're OK and I can breathe a little easier. Please take care not to exert yourself too much and rest.

I think they're not supposed to give you morphine (or any drugs) when you're pregnant on account of the baby's health but sometimes they have outweight what is best when the situation arise. I tried not to take any medication (other than my daily folic acid) during pregnancy -- even cough mixture was a big no-no.

At any rate, I'm just happy PL is OK. *phew*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

The Doc said that morphine was ok.  So, I got home Friday and then the pain comes back in the late afternoon.  It happened all night long and this time, it was worse and I went to the hospital again today where they again injected me with morphine, which at the second time around, didn't help at all.  I'm at home now but can barely walk.  Doc said that if pain grows any stronger, then they have to do an emergency MRI.  They still haven't been able to determine if it could be the appendix or if the cyst has ruptured from the two ultra sounds I've had already because uterus is pushed up against appendix and the ultrasounds aren't that accurate.  At least the blood work (3 times) came back ok.

I'm still in pain as I type this and just have to bear it, but if it gets worse, off to the hospital but I really don't want to go that route.  I've been to the hospital far too many times last year and this year.  Please let this be the last one before giving birth.

Lise

Oh, purelife. I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers go with you and the baby. I hope everything will be OK. If you need anything, anything at all, pls don't hesistate to call me. You have my number.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C.

Hang in there purelife.  Not so much fun at all.  

Spent the day in the yard....knocking off early.  I'm pouring a wine spritzer and putting my feets up.  

Lise

Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there. We had Thai food for dinner which was nice. As an added treat, I took hubby out for a movie. We watched Year One. Jack Black totally rocks!
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Oh purelife.  Take care, hun.

Back from camping this weekend.  It was the final hurrah of the year with Scouts- we had a mountain bike camp near Whistler with all sections/all ages.  Good times.

Safeway BBQ chicken with rooftop stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranvberry sauge and veg.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Greek was the name of the day. I had a Greek salad for lunch and dinner. lol
I went to Metrotown.

Greek Day in Kits looked great, but when I got there at 8pm they were shutting it down. Come on Vancouver, this is getting pathetic, 8:30pm cut off for food (9:30 for music) is rather lame and ahem no fun. Even in pathetic St Louis all street events went to 11 or 12.

I think Burnaby is the fun city, Europe day went to 1am. At least someone in the area has a brain. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I totally forgot about Greek day on the weekend. I thought it was next week. Ah well. Love love love Greek food except for Feta cheese.

Having a difficult time finding the right bikini/ tankini. Stupid places are way overprice for a small cloth. I mean, c'mon.... do you need to pay $60 for a two piece???  Hmph. I'm going to go down to the states and try my luck at the warehouses.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Hey Lise...have you ever tried this place ?  It's online shopping...so you don't get to try things on, but their prices are pretty good....on everything.  Check it out.

[A href="http://www.forever21.com/"]http://www.forever21.com/[/A]

Sportsdude

stir fry zucchini/mushroom and grapes with some red tea.

the usual.

I miss my greek salad from Greek Day. I got there at the end of the day and the nice women were just giving you free food. It was so cool.

I went to two stalls one run by the senior men and then the women. It became obvious clear that the grandpa's can't work together. haha

good times.

:)

Lise @ Work

Ah, the Greek festival is actually this weekend so I didn't miss it.  Maybe we'll all go and check it out.

Thanks, PC for the link. I think the fashion is actually a tad young for me but I do love some of the dresses there. BTW, there's a Forever21 store opening in Metrotown and one already opened downtown. Can't wait!

Sportsdude

There's more Greekness coming? where, where, tell me tell me  

|