So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I like sticky-ish rice.  

Are the spices on the ingredients list ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

purelife

chicken quesadillas and coleslaw for dinner.  I have 9 avocados sitting on my counter and not one of them is ripe yet.... :(

I hope you get better soon, Lise.  

I was in Metrotown the other day and saw this GIGANTIC lady coming towards me who was a lot taller than MrPL.  I think she was 7 feet tall, with the heels, makeup, skirt, breasts, everything........BUT, it was a GUY!!!!  I did more than a double take.

P.C.

Hi miss purelife.  How are you feeling ?  

If you want to ripen avocados a little quicker, place them in a plain brown paper bag and store at room temperature. Including an apple, tomato or banana in the bag accelerates the process because these fruits give off ethylene gas which speeds the ripening process.

P.C.

Wrapping them in newspaper works too.

purelife

Thanks for the tip, P.C.   I just stick them by bananas but don't bag them, but will try wrapping in newspaper.

I'm feeling ok, just really really tired and there are some days where I have headaches (I rarely get headaches) and feel out of breath.  Thanks for asking, Miss P.C. :)  I'm almost half way there.

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:

I was in Metrotown the other day and saw this GIGANTIC lady coming towards me who was a lot taller than MrPL.  I think she was 7 feet tall, with the heels, makeup, skirt, breasts, everything........BUT, it was a GUY!!!!  I did more than a double take.

------

I haven't been in Metrotown in 2wks so you can rule me out. hahaha

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

The European Festival is tomorrow in Burnaby.

[a href="http://www.eurofestbc.ca/index.html"]http://www.eurofestbc.ca/index.html[/a]

Looks like a lot of fun.

Gopher

Interesting. I wonder whatever an English ethnic costume could be.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

That does look like fun and something that I would go to but we have plans tomorrow.  We're going to help my brother tear down walls and adding a bathroom to his place, well, I'll just watch. :)

I made a yummy sandwich with the one avocado that ripend!  Along with avocado, it had alfalfa sprouts, lettuce, parsley, havarti, deli ham and lil bit of mayo and mustard between whole wheat sesame bread....from Cobs.  I love sammiches.  Then, I treated myself to a slurpee.  I get so hot easily these days.

Plans for the weekend, anyone?

purelife

Got a question for you Miss Lil Me.  I brought the rooster brand of rice and cooked with one cup rice and two cups water like I normally would, but it turned out so sticky and mushy, so I tried with only 1.5 cups and that still turned mushy and sticky.  Is it normal?  I wonder if I'm supposed to cook with one cup water with one cup rice?  

Michel

Michel

Lise

Just use less water on the rice. I don't use cup measurements for my rice. Just the old way of measuring... using your index finger. Fill the water to half your index finger. That's all you need.

Glutinous black rice is awesome for dessert. I usually use it to make a Malaysian dish known as bubur hitam. What I do is use the slow cooker for this. Soak the rice in water overnight then rinse and drain. Insert rice into slow cooker, add 1 cup of sugar and lots of water. Leave to cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Scoop into bowl and serve with a dollop of coconut cream.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I just eat white rice, but sometimes brown and wild.

Great night last night, the play went well, I impressed. But, then I was pick pocketed by a woman on Granville, but she failed. weird

|