So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

A double success then!  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

I think so. It was also my first experience with Moliere which was funny.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

You were pick pocketed by a woman and failed? I've never had that done to me... touch wood.

Lovely evening last night. We had a BBQ with our good friend. He brought over some rather interesting sushi with raw fish and mango. Yummy.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah she attempted to take the wallet, but failed.

P.C.

You were pick pocketed by a woman and failed? I've never had that done to me... touch wood.

Me neither Lise.  Something I've never given any thought to, as the only person I've ever known in my whole life who got pocket picked is my sister and brother-in-law....yes...both of them, lol.  But it was in Italy.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

Maybe she wasn't trying to pick your pocket...... she just wanted to touch wood

some kid tried to pick my pocket once, it was by the Spanish Steps in Rome.  She wasn't very good because I felt her trying to lift the flap of my pants back pocket.  I swung around and she ran off

Lise @ Work

It's supposedly bad in Europe. When we were in Italy, I saw a group of.... hmmm.... what's the word for it.... I wanna say Gypsies but I know it's politically incorrect... swarm a couple with every intention of pick pocketing them. Kinda scary but you do what you gotta do to survive in this world.

Touch wood.

P.C.

They actually warn you on the plane, when headed for Italy, that the pick-pocketing is rampant there.

The funny part about my sister and brother-in-law, is that my sister got picked right in the airport just after they landed...and my b in law was 'scolding' her about being more careful.  He got the vid-cam going and was actually filming these kids in action...and while he was doing it...HE got picked. LOL...but my sister yelled to him, so he caught him before he made off with anything.  They have a newspaper folded over their arm while they do this.  So for the rest of their stay there, they were on high alert.

Sportsdude

I am out of food for 'lunch' p&j.

JJ

I read in the newspaper last week that pick pocketing is on the raise in Vancouver.  I guess I'll have to be careful in the future normally I'm rather lax with my wallet.

Lil Me

What is the politically correct term for gypsies?  Romanian Nationals?

On the Rooster brand rice- I use 1 cup rice to 1 1/4-1 1/2ish water in the rice cooker.  It isn't too mushy for us- probably because I set the timer in the am and the rice cooks and sits for hours before we actually need to eat...

Well...the boss is back from his holiday.  I could have hugged him.  I'm so glad he's taking over the schedule now!  I told him that last week I almost started smoking again... Last week we had a van break down and a tech off with an ankle injury.

Today-(gotta love Mondays) we had another van break down, a tech off with a mystery illness (large lump behind his ear) and the ankle guy went home early.

LOL.  I'm home for a glass of wine before going out to Scouts.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

LOL.  I'm home for a glass of wine before going out to Scouts.

Good lord LM.  So....did you say....Yyyyaa....about that raise....I need to cover off for the drink you're driving me to.  

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
What is the politically correct term for gypsies?  Romanian Nationals?

Roma, Romani but usually just Roma. They have nothing in common with Romanians, as they're from the Indian Subcontinent.

Lise @ Work

Ah, yes... of course. Thanks for clarifying.

Gee, I kinda wish I could get a raise but belonging to the union means no negotiation till 2010 and the feeling is there could be a possible strike. Frack. I hate strikes. Not that I was actually involve in one so far but it can be a major disruption on my life. You can bet the students are gonna hate us. Couple that with the olympics that's heading our way, it's gonna be big.

Oatmeal this morning. I'm getting rather tired of eating oatmeal.... gimme coffeeeeeeeee......................  

purelife

Good morning everyone.

MrPL discovered a leak in our mini storage in room # 2 so he spent all night clearing out his stuff only to find that it has developed into black mold.  The carpet is soaked, the bottom wall is soaked and it smells in our place.  So, I have to retreat to my parent's for a few days until they fix it.  The black mold is deadly for a pregnant lady.  Well, at least they have a small area to fix.  They're going to tear out the carpet and the wall today then have a professional seal the leakage.

|