So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
I hereby propose a DS shitty get together to dig a sceptic tank at PC Provincial Park. We can bring scouts, they like to help.

Hahahahaa.  I wonder if that's where the term Party Pooper came from.

You wouldn't believe what it's like digging in this yard.  Between rocks and roots....LOTS of roots, you're lucky to remove a cup of soil per shovel-full.
------------

Sounds like fun, I'm free all of June.

Yeah I tend to work myself to death to hard. I don't like taking breaks, as it gets me out of my rhythm. This isn't all that smart on a warm day, but that's life.

If Outliers is lead to believe, I inherited more of the peasant gene over the wunderkind gene.  At least that's how I feel most of the time. I can't make a cappuccino if my life depended on it.  

I'd love work at the anthropology museum, but alas its a canadian only job, lame.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise @ Work

Eeeow.... did someone say manual labor and shitty work..........? I'm staying away from this!!!

Yes, it takes a bit of a hat trick to scale a dog's teeth. This is especially true if your patient is un-cooperative as he is. That is why they put dogs to sleep while they scale and the cost comes from the anesthesia. I'm too cheap to pay for that.

*cough* Damn but I think I"m coming down with something.

Violet

How is spring going? Good here. I am done with sports for the season. I am thinking about just running all summer to stay in shape. Or at least try.

Anyone see Star Trek? I heard it was good, even for non-trekkies like me.

anyone have plans for the summer? I am pretty sure I will just be helping with my dad with the shop. Maybe a couple jays games and trips Stateside. Other than that, not much. Ottawa July 1 maybe to see a cousin and get sloshed!
You're my boy Blue!!!

purelife

Hi everyone, Hi Violet - haven't seen you for a long time.  Is your dad's business doing ok now?  I remember how worried you were....   I'm a non-trekkie too and heard it was an excellent movie.  I'm probably going to rent it.

I like labor work that has got to do with the house.  I helped my parents before with their garden, moving the lawn, trimmings, painting, etc.  I don't think I would last long doing the kind of manual labor that MrPL does.  

I hope you're not coming down with anything, Lise.  

Sportsdude

Evening.

Well I got my new glasses. Apparently designer glasses by Armani are cheaper (and on sale) than the 'conservative' non-descriptive Clark Kent glasses that I used to wear. Oh well, it probably adds to the stealth stud image.

Lise

My glasses make me look like Lois Clark...... only hotter.

Ma nose is stuffed. Yep, caught the flu. Calling in sick tomorrow. I can't believe I'm getting sick constantly. I can only blame the kids. They go hand in hand with germs and dirt.

My hubby saw ST without me and claimed it was one of the best movies. I don't know. I kinda like the old ST. I mean, how can you beat William Shatner as the ONE AND ONLY JAME TIBERIUS KIRK???? I'm probably going to rent it just like you, purelife.

Watched the dentistry convocation online at work. So damn proud of those kids. They're going to become BC's finest doctors. *sigh*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

ST was a good movie.

I had another brutal day.  Drove to Steveston to pay for the repair to the broken down service van.  Phone rang constantly with pissed off customers.  Subcontractor didn't do a job because he had a vehicle problem.  Our techs didn't complete certain things because they didn't know they were supposed to.  Boss needs to start writing proper work orders!!!  None of us are mind readers.  Another subcontractor didn't go to a job because he didn't know anything about it.  Boss sending angry text messages from his vacation.  Though he did send me an email telling me I was doing a good job:)

Drink, anyone?

Went to archery with Scouts tonight and had a good time.

Relatives coming from out of town this week for what was supposed to be a family wedding (it's been cancelled).  But we still get a nice dinner on Sat at what was to have been the wedding reception.  Good times.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

"Boss sending angry text messages from his vacation"

Classsssssic.

How classy is he/she/it? Where is boss vacationing? (it would tell a lot about the person lol)

Gopher

Rainbow trout.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

Sportsdude

The usual for me:

3 egg, cheese, salsa, avocado, and mushroom omelet with an orange and apple cider.

van_guy

Michel wrote:
"Chinese" food, how original... lol

I had Mexican food - go figure ...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lise

Ja, ja, drinks all around!!! We're going for drinks this Friday after work to celebrate the end of one tough semester.

Allergies.... killing me....... meh..... I think I wanna live in a bubble home.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Hi Lise !!!!  Bummer about the allergies.  Is that what has been bothering you....or do you have the flu as well.  Either way....get well soon.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Thanks, PC. I have just about recovered from the damn flu only to be hit by the allergy. Now my body doesn't know which one to combat any more.

Has anyone got a younger, hipper body they can donate to me??
Bill Cosby.

|