So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

26-27

19-21 22-25 are not 2 different age groups

Lil Me

Yeah, I'm not sure why SD makes such a big deal about age.
 Most parties I went to in uni had anyone from 17+.  There was always a good mix of ages there.
 Heck, when I was an undergrad, my faculty had people of various ages.  The oldest classmate I had was 40-something- and noone made an issue about age.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

*backpedalling*
 Sorry, that probably sounded a bit harsh.
 What I'm trying to say to you...SD (as the younger brother I never had), is that you will have more confidance as a person if you don't compare your age to that of your classmates.  Let it go.  
 It really doesn't matter if you're older or younger.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

lol I know, I didn't start this or want the labels. Its not a big deal to me its how other people call themselves. For example I've got a friend who's 20, and considers my age to 25 to be "a completely different culture and mindset of something she can't relate to" (I think she gets this from the 5 people she knows to be in this range and we all have a more older outlook 'drinking house parties vs. dinner parties) We're 'mysterious' to these people. They wonder why we're still in school etc and don't really like having conversation with us because we talk about different things. The disconnect is there.

I was put in an 'age group' the instant I came here as I became one of the oldest. When I have conversations with my  'age group' its about post-university, family squabbles, moving, engagements etc.  The 18-20ish crowd has a completely different mindset. My night of fun is different from the 18-20 crowd. Drinking house parties vs. Dinner parties. etc

its just the way it is apparently. *shrugs*

aw thanks Lil Me, your the big sister I never had too. :)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Morning!  Is it Monday already?  Almost 7am and still dark outside.  
 *listens to the traffic sounds on wet roads*
 Quiet in my house.  It's Spring Break week, so everyone is still sleeping.

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to work I go....

Michel

Russ

Evening everyone.. so im not mentioning what was for dinner as I could not identify it.
Whats the weather like back home? Is it snowy or good weather? Im hoping its not too bad cause I got some outside work to do once I gets home.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

P.C.

It was snowing yesterday in Van...and in Richmond, it was almost a white out for a while there.  [img onclick="selecte('stern.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/stern.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Sportsdude

Morning,

I hope everyone has a good week.

Lil Me

Evening.  Perogies, garlic sausage, salad for dinner.  

Michel

Sportsdude

grapes atm, then a salad later.

|