So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

In general, it's a pretty good job.  I get left alone to do my work, which is fairly open-ended.  There's a huge financial and administrative backlog...and I have the freedom to tackle it any way I want to.  I feel like I'm doing a good job and I'm being respected for the work that I do.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Sounds perfect Lil Me.  Everything I'd look for.  Good for you !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

cheese crackers and olives.
I bought food finally so tomorrow its chicken and a salad or whatever.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

My sis is off to italy tomorrow! lucky, she beat me to Europe.  

P.C.

Lucky girl SD.  I hope she will take lots of pictures to share with you at least.  

Sportsdude

Oh she will. She flies off tomorrow STL-Chicago-Munich-Rome.
l-u-c-k-y.

but I can't complain, in the she beat me to Europe game.

P.C.

Well you beat her to University !  Right ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c018.gif" border=0] [FONT color=#d0d0d0] (if it's a competition)[/FONT]

Sportsdude

haha. Just barely. lol
And I had a 4-5yr head start. lol

Yeah she even flies into Germany for a couple hours. lol

Well its good for her, I'm the globe trotting one in the family, so its cool she can say she's been some place her brother hasn't been. :)

I was just trying to explain to her Celsius temps and the 24hr clock, she's like "we have guide books for this!" I'm like really? Your guide books tell you how to read the weather on the Italian weather channel? lol

Last year was weird for my parents when she went to DC on a choir trip with both kids on opposite sides of the continent. Now its both kids in different countries. haha

Sportsdude

well the fire alarm has been going off for 10mins and now I hire sirens, so I guess this is legit.  

Michel

Michel

Sportsdude

haha. Somebody was baking cookies and opened the main door and the smoke went to the fire alarm (at least that's the rumour).

haha my roomie got a talk to by our RA cuz he didn't leave. Although I'm no better.

Michel

Sportsdude

lol. Well my roommate was like "I don't care if I die, I'm happy playing video games at the moment!"

My tower is notorious for not knowing anyone and doing anything, so I think if this was a quickie social for everyone to get to know each other, like their neighbours, then this is a success. lol

I don't know what to do on tower fires. There's no urgency on my part unless I start smelling smoke in the ventilation.

Lise

I liked Italy. Wonder if much has changed since I last saw her many, many, many years ago. Hmm, nothing like a gelato on a hot humid day.

My mom bought me swim wear!!! I can't believe she actually bought my swim wear....... what next, my undies????? I swear, even though I love my mom very much, this is insanity. That sorta thing is NOT on my list of what mamas should buy their daughters. *sigh*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|